Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni - Vol. 9 Ch. 44 - Episode 44

Dex-chan lover
@Kayriel I mean
Ol' God himself created Touya's body out of god-flesh or some cheat bullshit, AND maxed his stats - which, on top of otherworldly knowledge just amounts to an advantage beyond any other, and that's before portable technology comes into play; pretty sure he could improvise some sort of smartphone-like spell out of a bunch of Null spells programmed into a rock (WHICH IS BASICALLY WHAT WE DID: WE FOOL SAND INTO THINKING).

Also: Pretty sure that was some sort of ploy to become able to intervene in the lower planes more easily.

@Kayriel is it considered spoiler when it technically was stated in the beginning that the gods are going to attend his wedding? Pretty sure the one who brings him into the world will be his “grandfather” (oh, and I’m not saying you don’t have to put a spoiler tag, it’s just nice to have confirmation on the given information and I didn’t know that there is that god function either)

Now that you mention it, I believe they foreshadowed he will have 9 wives in total? I vaguely remember 2 of them being a pink haired elf and blonde hair war maiden type from the anime, but what about the last one?

To the people saying that Touya is unempathetic for brushing off the king and emperor's praise, just keep in mind that it's part of Japanese culture to lower oneself or denigrate oneself when being praised. In Japan, if someone says "Wow, you're so good at X", you don't answer "Thanks", you answer "No, I'm not that great" as is the Japanese norm, otherwise you risk coming off as haughty or arrogant. So, basically, this is just Touya being Japanese.

Additionally, it's important to keep in mind that Touya doesn't feel like any of the amazing things he does are due to his own credit. He feels like this is all thanks to God, and fears he might incur some kind of karmic retribution if he actually starts taking credit. This might not be as clear in the manga (or anime), but in the early volumes of the novel, this is something mentioned several times.

Dex-chan lover
poor Touya, he only want a sexy aggressive mature onee-san

yet every new harem member is young girl like this
(not that he complain)

Dex-chan lover
What if the monsters are like a carbon sink for mana in that region, and removing them somehow imbalances an equilibrium that releases a bigger monster? But I guess he'll just one shot it.

Wews, I forgot what happened here already and the next one after this... The last thing I remember in the Novel was way far from this one to say the least

Nobody paid attention:

1. How these japanese whale-hunters need to reafirm all the time how they are enemies of Greenpeace. Touya just exterminated the natural wildlife of that Brunhild region. They call it "monsters", but IRL it would be like they exterminated all the bears, tigers, lions, aligators and hippos of some place.

2. "There is no real difference whether it's 4 or 5, right?" - that Regulus Empire official do not values Lucia princess that much, right?

@Qwertzy
To the people saying that Touya is unempathetic for brushing off the king and emperor's praise, just keep in mind that it's part of Japanese culture to lower oneself or denigrate oneself when being praised. In Japan, if someone says "Wow, you're so good at X", you don't answer "Thanks", you answer "No, I'm not that great" as is the Japanese norm, otherwise you risk coming off as haughty or arrogant. So, basically, this is just Touya being Japanese.

Thanks for this cultural explanation.

It is so curious how Japan evoluted in a different way from its neighboors China or Korea, even being so close and with common roots (the ideograms or buddhism for example).

In China the norm is to give unashamed fake praising and receive this with honour, retributioning the same way. It's the culture of "giving and saving face".

Be humble after a praise there means you rejected the kindness offered and sounds... unempathetic.

Come on, i preffer my latin culture, so diverse that we can understand, tolerate and be used with every kind of reaction, as long as there is a smile togheter or any signal of good humour, even if carried by some bad words.

Group Leader
Be humble after a praise there means you rejected the kindness offered and sounds... unempathetic.
Come on, i preffer my latin culture, so diverse that we can understand, tolerate and be used with every kind of reaction, as long as there is a smile togheter or any signal of good humour, even if carried by some bad words.
@JakkRo it is a Japanese way to "giving and saving face" tho, by not owning to their achievement or down play it. They even have a saying, a nail that sticks out gets hammered down. Also they have Honne & Tatemae and cultural value of harmony.

Also, it is good for you to be proud of your culture but it doesn't mean your culture is any better than Japanese culture. Every culture has their strengths and weaknesses.

"There is no real difference whether it's 4 or 5, right?" - that Regulus Empire official do not values Lucia princess that much, right?
It was said by a Belfastian officer tho.

How these japanese whale-hunters need to reafirm all the time how they are enemies of Greenpeace. Touya just exterminated the natural wildlife of that Brunhild region. They call it "monsters", but IRL it would be like they exterminated all the bears, tigers, lions, aligators and hippos of some place.
Exterminated the natural wildlife is such an extreme word. He probably disturbs the ecosystem, not annihilated it as you said, because of the benign monsters that were kept alive. Although I don't know where would you categorize goblins, orcs, minotaurs, reanimated skeletons, ghouls and other living fleshes, hydras, gollems if they existed IRL. Key-stone animals? Top food chain animal?

Dex-chan lover
Centuries down the line, when sagas are written about this, Touya will be described as "the great dragon that kings and emperors sacrificed their virgin daughters to"
(Not a spoiler, just a prediction that I made up ;)

@Simpleton
Centuries down the line, when sagas are written about this, Touya will be described as "the great dragon that kings and emperors sacrificed their virgin daughters to"

Haha well said, that is how sagas and myths are written and transmitted over generations.

I guess this version of the fable will be more popular than the other which says "the humble and shy boy that refused to stick the d* in every lady in love with him, ...and who was able to conquest or destroy a country effortless".

@Qwertzy

Haha if it would take so long, why the author even bother at all?

Please tell me which is the chapter/volume it is happening for the first time, thanks!

@JakkRo
It happens in volume 21 of the light novel (which covers the wedding arc), which has just been released in Japan, or chapter 450 of the web novel. Volume 21 hasn't been translated yet, so that's still a few months off. As for the web novel, I have no idea whether it's been fan translated or not, though I've heard there might be some Discord where translations are posted. In any case, I wouldn't get my hopes up for any "adult" descriptions, as this whole novel is pretty much PG-13. This is basically how it goes (deepl translation from the web novel):
I will continue to live with these girls as my companions for the rest of my life. I have no more doubts about that thought. I take her hand and we exchange a kiss on the lips that we couldn't do at the wedding. In the gentle, round light of the moon, our shadows eventually slowly come together.
😜

Dex-chan lover
I started off reading this thinking he was lucky but with all his responsibilities ima have to say idk anymore. He might like it but if I were in his place I'd have noped out

Users who are viewing this thread