Isekai Walking - Vol. 6 Ch. 48 - Cheese

Dex-chan lover
MC shoulda bred Chris and the receptionists so he could have fresh milk for fresh cheese daily.

Thanks for the TL
Now that you point that out…I wonder if anyone has ever made cheese with breast milk IRL?

Double-page supporter
Compare to web novel, Manga version is more easy going and heart warming which stay true to the "walking" part.

But in the next few chapters, I'll wait to see the plot thickening

Dex-chan lover
A bit weird for cheese to be something only a single small village makes. If it was a specialty cheese, or something along those lines, sure, but just plain old cheese? It's not like making cheese is difficult, so surely it would have spread.
Maybe the recipe for cheese making in general never quite got picked up by other rural areas.

Dex-chan lover
So even tomatoes are rare and not appreciated? I don't buy it! After all, Italians first grew the tomato about 1550 and apparently were the first Europeans to eat it. About 25 years later it was grown in English, Spanish, and mid-European gardens as a curiosity, with little or no interest in it then as food.

dare to be different, author. unless we're making horse cheese...this and tomato are kinda lazy worldbuilding. cute chapter tho

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the new chapter!

As fun as it was when he was with Chris and Rurika, I kinda liked it better when he was just by himself and actually I am starting to like it better where it is just him and Ciel. But I suppose he will meet Rurika and Chris again in the future.

Dex-chan lover
thanks for the chapter
strange world, if only one village is making cheese at all... after all cheese is easy to preserve and holds for quiet some time?
or are they all lactose intolerant ?

Dex-chan lover
So he does know he's being followed that's reassuring. A few levels in detection and he'll probably be able to spot the guy

Thank you for the translations as always.

The cartoon like cheese pull always makes me want to eat it 🤤

Dex-chan lover
Yeah that is a bit of an oversight from the author, cause if they are making a story in a world setting based on medieval times, they should have known cheese was pretty much one of the main food sources for farmers of that time.

Cheese not being a major food supply in this setting makes no sense.
I wouldn't call it an oversight if the world has other foods that our world doesn't, then it means there's a wider variety of things and regionally made specialties become more rare, especially when you consider focus on the dangers of travel and distances between locations.

Imagine being told Philly cheese-stake sandwiches are amazing! But the only place you can get them are in Philadelphia, while you live in New York. The distance between is fraught with monsters, bandits, and it takes 2 days by carriage. Eff that noise, just stay home and have a hotdog.

Users who are viewing this thread