Isekai Walking - Vol. 7 Ch. 65 - Diversion

Dex-chan lover
A better way to do this would probably be to just show a few panels of hesitation and him trying to calm down before undressing and setting up their fake death. Then later on address the shame for undressing the girl in the middle of a forest by apologising once they find a safer place.

Alas, a whole chapter with little to no dialog box would not pass under a japanese' isekai manga editor's scrutiny, definitely.

Thanks for the TL

Dex-chan lover
It was obvious that the spy is a girl. Classic trope, nothing new. Anyway faking death is good. I see the author in a new light now. :bocchiwave:
Will sora give a name to 13? Using numbers as a name is cringe after all.

Dex-chan lover
:shamihuh: i bet this one is the friend the other two girls were looking for...
Her friend is Elf and Beast girl though.
This one doesn't look like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dex-chan lover
Now that I think about it, the "uber virgin MC" trend appears way too often in manga I read (I am not complaining XD). Just curious, why do a lot of manga use this trait as a base for main characters? Is it because it gives a lot of room for character development in relation with the heroines? Or is it just a trend that attracts certain readers? Or maybe this is how some Japanese males are? (the last one might be a bit too far fetched i think)

Enlighten me pls.
Many works, specially in the isekai genre are based on the foundations of "Wish-Fulfillment" and "Self-Insert". For both, the target audience readers must hold the mentalities of "the MC is close enough to me for me to SI into" and "They wouldn't want anything I wouldn't want". Now you can add, but it's not necessary, that all mangas are made initially for the domestic market in mind...

Aaaand... Do the math...:worry:

Dex-chan lover
Many works, specially in the isekai genre are based on the foundations of "Wish-Fulfillment" and "Self-Insert". For both, the target audience readers must hold the mentalities of "the MC is close enough to me for me to SI into" and "They wouldn't want anything I wouldn't want". Now you can add, but it's not necessary, that all mangas are made initially for the domestic market in mind...

Aaaand... Do the math...:worry:

I don't think it has anything to do with self-insertion, but more to do with: "If the MC is as neutral as possible, then it's incredibly easy to write him into literally any situation ever, and he'd just get dragged along with it. An MC with a personality is more difficult to write."

Anyway,
I found it odd that he didn't even think for a second that news of his death will reach the ears of his 2 lady friends, who are currently looking for their maybe-dead friend. Why not add another trauma to the bucket, while at it?

Dex-chan lover
Anyway,
I found it odd that he didn't even think for a second that news of his death will reach the ears of his 2 lady friends, who are currently looking for their maybe-dead friend. Why not add another trauma to the bucket, while at it?
It seems he intends to make a beeline for them. Also there is nothing like the Internet there, Information probably travels slow and unless they ask specifically for his status they probably would never find out anyway ... which I assume will actually happen. Them thinking he is dead would add to drama and barely any mangaka can resist it.

Dex-chan lover
Is that uber virgin MC scene really that necessary?
They are not really in safe place, and while at the time they are no sign of anyone else, why would you remove and clothes her while using blindfold?
The idea is stupid as hell.
Why? the demon scared Away all the nearby monsters and mc has a search skill that lets him see nearby creatures. He knew he was fully safe

Dex-chan lover
Wouldn't the age not match up? be convenient plot wise tho

...Oh man, this feigned death is gonna get back to the girls and they're going to be distraught.
Well, he made that trinket/amulet that he put around chris' necklace, as long as no bad guys are also tailing the sisters and overhearing "oh we know he's alive b/c the mana is active" it should be safe

Group Leader
Just saying before some of you might do something you regret, the girl is ten years old :haa:
9Fn3S6k.png

Dex-chan lover
Man he’s like hella different from the WN and also like spirit he has following him like just doesn’t show up anymore in the WN. Man though this jarring as fuck
Webnovels are just rough drafts in the end. We're only about 10% through the story so far, and although the author probably had some solid plans for important future plot elements, a lot of finer details had to be made up as they went along. If the author realizes much later in the story that they would've preferred to do things differently earlier on, and their story is successful enough, they'll have opportunities for revisions with the light novel, manga, and/or anime adaptations.
If you go back and reread the chapter 22, the two friends they're trying to find are a blonde elf and a beast girl, so this black-haired human girl doesn't really fit any of the criteria beyond being a girl.
Will sora give a name to 13? Using numbers as a name is cringe after all.
His appraisal skill will tell him her birth name, which is Hikari.

Users who are viewing this thread