Isekai Walking - Vol. 7 Ch. 68 - Schemes in the Royal Capital

Group Leader
Lol j'ai bien rigolé de ce que ciel a fait :D
et la punition est bien trop sévère pour une pauvre grimace :meguuusad:
Use. Your. Fuckin. Skill.
You don't feel tired and you can carry any weight while walking, so just carry her on your back
"but... but... if i do so, i will feel her cutting board on my back!" :lewd:
well, MC's not the sharpest knife of the drawer...

Dex-chan lover
I always liked stories where people who were raised in cults or like human weapons try to reintegrate into normal society. It's a fun thought experiment on how their upbringing clashes with a standard culture. We're only a couple chapters in, but Hikari's actions are pretty interesting:
  • Never complain about injuries and press on with your task.
  • Cannot understand the idea of personal desires, just follow orders.
  • Needs a 'master'.
Most manga tend to speedrun the healing process of people like this, but I personally hope Hikari's growth takes a while, since it would feel more natural after 10 years of mental conditioning.
I'm reminded of Full metal Panic, where Sousuke was raised as a child soldier before becoming a teenage mercenary and is tasked with going undercover as a normal high school student to bodyguard a girl in Japan.

And his normal "school supplies" include handcuffs, knives, tasers, pistols, and grenades, to name a few and he has basically zero idea how to act like a civilian throughout a large part of the series.

And, as I remember it, he only sorta gets better, because he's experienced not just 10 years of mental conditioning, but also physical and emotional conditioning, from actually being a soldier and that doesn't go away in a scant year or so.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, this king definitely deserves the King Edward II treatment (if you're not familiar, you might not want to search it if you're a bit squeamish).

Reactions: le3
Dex-chan lover
Thanks for a quick release, I'm curious how this series plays through.
And this lil arc will help show either how well MC grows with this new dependent, or not.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, i'm officially calling the King Garbage King since Trash is already taken from another King from something something about a hero with a shield that has risen.
Naw, with Naofumi's naming he be Trash the 3rd who happens to be a king

Dex-chan lover
The king's fate.
no-idea.gif

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, the existence of the King is annoying.

One of the reasons final enemies are often hidden and not shown off is that we don't need to be bothered by their existence....

Either that or the enemies are enjoyable enough that their existence doesn't detract from the story....

Dex-chan lover
King is sending out his slaves summoned heroes to grind in the dungeon...

Well she's a keeper, could gave her a more reasonable age, although the mangaka aged her quite a bit....

Users who are viewing this thread