Isekai Walking - Vol. 8 Ch. 77 - A Last Prayer

Fed-Kun's army
If it's any comfort, we at least know by the very fact that this is an isekai story, that the concept of souls is a real thing in their world, so they will legitimately go to an afterlife and/or reincarnate.

So they do have legit reasons to pray for the souls of their dead beyond just to comfort the living.
Has it been confirmed? Sora was summoned to the world by magic, not through dying.

Ciel is a spirit, but it seems nothing that indicates spirits = souls, as far as we know.

Fed-Kun's army
Is it just me, or are all titles that get beyond 40or so chapters start getting shorter and shorter, like this chapter was so short it pretty much showed Nothing...
Per the manga-ka's twitter (both less than a month ago):
"The other day, my first child was born! I'll try my best to raise my child and draw manga without overdoing it."
"I think I'll be taking a little more time off than usual while raising my newborn baby...! I think I'll be able to get back to my normal pace as soon as I get my life back on track, so I hope you can wait a little longer...!"

Dex-chan lover
TBH, I'm not seeing the issue. Are they worried about a additional raids of orcs, or are they meaning to stay and help rebuild the village. I could understand the rooting out any nearby Orc nests, but rebuilding the village would take a lot of resources and months of effort. While SaR and clearing rubble shouldn't be too difficult for unskilled labor, rebuilding the village and healing the trauma is a little out his area of expertise.
What? They said "ensure the villagers' safety", that's a pretty clear plan. Why would that entail rebuilding destroyed housed? They're fighters, it's clear they mean to take out nearby orcs.

Dex-chan lover
If it's any comfort, we at least know by the very fact that this is an isekai story, that the concept of souls is a real thing in their world, so they will legitimately go to an afterlife and/or reincarnate.

So they do have legit reasons to pray for the souls of their dead beyond just to comfort the living.
Yeah, but that has its own issues. We know from isekaied characters, that afterlives, reincarnation, and Gods are real, but what if this prayer for the dead was trapping the souls with one of the lazy-ass Goddesses from manga. Would you be okay, if someone came up to your corpse, prayed a bit, and now you have to work for Aqua from KonoSuba for eternity?

Aggregator gang
This other work, "Disciple of the Lich," takes place in an artificial world, created by gods or their servants (it's not exactly clear) for their own entertainment. The main character comments that towns/villages/cities get attacked far more often than could be the case in a real world and the efforts of the "actors" (those summoned to the world) keep things in balance; this is done to keep things interesting for the gods.

I feel like the towns, villages, and cities Sora and friends are in in Isekai Walking get attacked far too often. If they get attacked that often they would either be smaller (because they were started more recently, the old ones having been destroyed) or have better defenses.

Supporter
Has it been confirmed? Sora was summoned to the world by magic, not through dying.

Ciel is a spirit, but it seems nothing that indicates spirits = souls, as far as we know.
Yes they were forcefully summoned by the kingdom, they weren’t reincarnated.

Dex-chan lover
What? They said "ensure the villagers' safety", that's a pretty clear plan. Why would that entail rebuilding destroyed housed? They're fighters, it's clear they mean to take out nearby orcs.
Because one can interpret that statement as rebuilding defenses and or sticking around until reinforcements arrive?

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, but that has its own issues. We know from isekaied characters, that afterlives, reincarnation, and Gods are real, but what if this prayer for the dead was trapping the souls with one of the lazy-ass Goddesses from manga. Would you be okay, if someone came up to your corpse, prayed a bit, and now you have to work for Aqua from KonoSuba for eternity?
That's the rub when isekai-ed. You are now at the tender mercies of whatever deities lord over the world you've been dumped in. Just be glad of the "Gods" of world are fictional. Almost every single one of them were vengeful, and not afraid to murder the masses for even the most petty of reasons.

Dex-chan lover
That's the rub when isekai-ed. You are now at the tender mercies of whatever deities lord over the world you've been dumped in. Just be glad of the "Gods" of world are fictional. Almost every single one of them were vengeful, and not afraid to murder the masses for even the most petty of reasons.
Imagine some orthodox Greek priest happens to give you your last rites, but you don't have any gold for the ferry, so you get tossed into the river with the rest of the plebs!

Group Leader

Yeah they reincarnated as otaku and shitposters on here.

Group Leader
Per the manga-ka's twitter (both less than a month ago):
"The other day, my first child was born!
546b69b9dd089537208b4623

Aggregator gang
What defences? It's a village, not a fortified town
In dystopian fantasy worlds, which this seems to be:
  • If you're camping, you're camping. Better post a lookout. Vigilance is a good defense.
  • If you're going someplace to settle, put a palisade first. That way you only lose when something stronger shows up, rather than the first thing that happens to notice you.

Even once the demon lord is beaten, orcs will still be a problem. It's nonsense to not have a palisade. Nothing can stand up to a demon. Our only defense is demons think destroying cities is too boring.

Dex-chan lover
What defences? It's a village, not a fortified town
While they do seem to use their proximity to the capital as their main form of defense, they would still have had guards, hunters, and possibly even a vigilante corp that worked together to defend against goblins and bandits.

Most of these individuals would now be dead, so the villagers that remain would be defenseless even if they did have walls to hide behind.

Users who are viewing this thread