Isekai Yakkyoku - Ch. 29 - Divine skill and Modern Medicine

Dex-chan lover
Plague ship; happened a few times in the 16-1800s.
Creeeeeee-pyyyy.

Should have a single white flag with a black circle on it, if i recall.

Dex-chan lover
This series really started hitting different once 2020 came around.

I wonder if after resolving this plague, they may add the pandemic on our year in the future chapters.

If only he could've built Targets, CVS, and low income apartments in time. This plague would've been cured in two chapters from the infected looting and burning them all down.

@Liquidxlax as I said in my comment, more neutral terms are "undocumented" or "unauthorized", which is less insulting than calling someone "illegal". In a more just world, people would not suffer or be punished for being born in the wrong place.

dude this kid is EXHAUSTED!! a good representation of the doctors, nurses, and everyone working so hard at hospitals right now

Aggregator gang
Man these people of the same race and culture sure are good at working together to stop the plague

Dex-chan lover
@denim no one is punished for being born in the wrong place. They are punished because they cross into a country illegally. I don't know why it is hard to understand that those who enter a country illegally are not a good thing. If we didn't punish illegal migrants then people would just try to flood in to the richer countries. Crime would become uncontrollable, infrastructure wouldn't be able to keep up and population density would be a breeding ground for another corona. Imagine how many criminals would look to help people from poor countries to get to ours. Human trafficking is how a lot of migrants get to our countries. Lots of kids women and men get raped, abused, killed and the like on their way over. The other thing is how fair is it to someone who has spent months or years trying to legally migrate while some just come. It ain't like the Latin Americans liked it when the Spanish and Portuguese illegally migrated into their countries. The native americans were okay with Europeans at first until they had a presence big enough to force their way. I doubt the Australlian natives enjoyed European countries dumping criminals in their lands. Illegal immigrants have been disliked for thousands of years. I always kinda wondered if latin americans would make up 30 some odd % of the states if there was no illegal migration. Would they even make up 10%, considering how white the states was in the 50s and 60s

@flanman Never mind foxnews, I don't even watch tv. Wouldn't you much rather have all immigrants vetted and chosen. Far better than people coming and going as they please without knowing who they are or what they've done. Already we have laws for who can come under what reasons. If you have a record in your country you can't even enter the states and same for Canada unless you can get your records sealed. As for immigration we usually take "the best" or those who have money and allow the government to hold that money interest free for a while. In Canada a lot of chinese people got their citizenship by investing 500k for 5 or 10 years and then the government gives them the money back. Great way for chinese criminals to launder money and get Canadian citizenship. Already they buy up property to launder money and drove up the price of sub 100k houses to millions. I remember chinese people were trying to sue our government when we were getting rid of that law because it was pushing people out of their homes. The USA probably has some immigration law similar to Canada's where they can invest, but I think theirs was like 1 million and or own a bussiness that will create jobs. I think allowing a person to immigrate to a country if they will be creating jobs, but that is a rarity no matter where the immigrant comes from. There is also preference for skilled workers like nurses, doctors, engineers,, etc... There are few negatives to immigrants, while illegal immigrants are nothing but a negative.

Did this manga predict COVID?
Also if it didn’t bow do they have a lot of readily made material

Double-page supporter
@theowww :
it get worse ...
There is Demon (sickness) among them and spreading Black Death ...
Not to mention the rodent they bring is Flying squirrel which can easily infect all people around ...

@Mpwilson123 :
Nah ... no one can predict doomsday virus will really appear ...
this story is being made years ago ...

Group Leader
Potentially infected/unvetted illegal immigrants constantly coming in, potentially infected people fleeing epicenters, mass hysteria, 2 weeks quarantine, somebody stealing/hoarding medicine, everybody wearing masks except that one dude, and finally...
a powerful malicious entity intentionally spreading the disease to the rest of the world to ensure their downfall...

...It all sounds so familiar. The only thing missing is: mass gatherings, serial arson incidents/destruction across the empire, and a certain group of short-haired women touting the effects of essential oils or other snake oil as a panacea.

God, seeing the plague doctors wear their hair out of their masks made me so nervous... I know it's for identification but I think it would have been unnecessary if the character design was put a bit more thought into it

@Liquidxlax If someone is born in a situation where they are unable to work and are virtually guaranteed to suffer in poverty their entire lives (not to mention refugees or asylum seekers), then yes they are being punished for being born in the wrong place. If the only way they know how to seek opportunity elsewhere is extralegal and they are accosted, then they are also being punished for that. It isn't hard to understand your reasoning that "illegal = bad" because that is how we are taught to think. Just because something is legal does not mean that it is moral and good, just because something may be illegal does not make it immoral or bad.

If we didn't punish illegal migrants then people would just try to flood in to the richer countries.

Let them come :) hoarding wealth while hundreds of millions suffer is immoral. Especially when that wealth is built on the destabilization of foreign countries whose people suffer as a result. In a more just world, people wouldn't feel so desperate to risk their lives leaving everything they've ever known.

Crime would become uncontrollable, infrastructure wouldn't be able to keep up and population density would be a breeding ground for another corona.

Interestingly, immigrants commit less crime than US-born citizens: https://thehill.com/latino/324607-reports-find-that-immigrants-commit-less-crime-than-us-born-citizens

The reason why infrastructure isn't able to keep up isn't because of immigration, it's because decades of neoliberal fiscal policy, austerity and massive tax cuts for the wealthy have made it literally impossible to spend enough money on infrastructure or the social programs we need. Not to mention the US's criminally negligent response to COVID in comparison to countries with better public healthcare systems that aren't gutted by years of assault.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/19/us/politics/trump-coronavirus-outbreak.html
https://www.thenation.com/article/politics/covid-ny-hospital-medicaid/

Imagine how many criminals would look to help people from poor countries to get to ours. Human trafficking is how a lot of migrants get to our countries. Lots of kids women and men get raped, abused, killed and the like on their way over.

If immigration were not made illegal then there would be no reason for people to seek to immigrate extralegally. This is a similar dynamic to how the war on drugs, which included the criminalization of drug use and distribution, actually created the gangs and cartels that white people are so afraid of nowadays (also led to the modern carceral state). On the other hand, Portugal's decriminalization of drug use and focus on healthcare and support has resulted in Portugal having 1/50th the drug-induced death rate of the US.

https://time.com/longform/portugal-drug-use-decriminalization/

I also wonder if you care so much about the kids women and men getting raped because they were born in poor and unstable social conditions, at home and abroad.

The other thing is how fair is it to someone who has spent months or years trying to legally migrate while some just come.

How is it fair that some people are born into poverty while others are born into wealth? Is it fair that some are born into rich countries full of opportunity while others struggle to live in crises often caused directly by those rich countries?

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/immigration-latin-america_n_5168356

It ain't like the Latin Americans liked it when the Spanish and Portuguese illegally migrated into their countries. The native americans were okay with Europeans at first until they had a presence big enough to force their way. I doubt the Australlian native enjoyed European countries dumping criminals in their lands.

You are mistaking colonizers and imperialists for immigrants. The difference between a colonizer and an immigrant is that a colonizer acts in accordance with a foreign state to advance that state's colonial interests (all your examples were explicitly authorized endeavors that were funded by their states), whereas an immigrant typically does not have access to that degree of power. So the intent and power dynamic are significantly different.

I always kinda wondered if latin americans would make up 30 some odd % of the states if there was no illegal migration.

According to your beliefs, america should be 1% latin, 0% white and 100% indigenous :)

Users who are viewing this thread