Isekai Yakkyoku - Ch. 54 - Farma Reveals the Truth

Dex-chan lover
well, that was stupid.

if you die without telling anyone who love you, those people you want to protect will blame themselves for it.

talk about it. discuss. and if there's really now way out, then spend it together.

the hell are you going back to university for?

Group Leader
I mean and the rule of thumb is usually 4 months/chapters on a monthly series. Not 24 hours.
I really think the reason for this person sniping is because of the slow realease by the main group and that he forgot it's a monthly series. Actually, I think the reason the group was slow is because of lack of staff working on this manga, hence the collaboration with another group.

Dex-chan lover
Secret's out. And for all the time he's been secretive about it, not being able to diagnose it can be a reason to not tell anyone. Of course, having more people research it would help, but pride and shit.

If he dies, they're going to experience his death one way or another anyway. Unless he wants to hide that too, which I find irresponsible for various reasons. He's also looking down on them, since kids can handle that kind of thing.

Neglected to check. Well, there are ways to see it. I used to play a game where one skill my main character had was diagnose, which worked on any target in the area. I used it all the time, and found all kinds of afflictions other players forgot to heal.

Finally.

if you die without telling anyone who love you, those people you want to protect will blame themselves for it.
Yeah. It's like waiting until you apologise for a lie. It's only going to be worse the longer you wait.

Dex-chan lover
Oh wow a snipe, and one from a single man scan team no less....

You know that the 1 chapter buffer from the latest raw helped made sure scanlation work can be done in a unrushed manner and to help make sure the monthly upload stay consistent right?

It sure would be ass if the impulse scanlator who focus on speed and not consistency would later drop mid way after sniping a series

Dex-chan lover
All these drama from the elder brother. Seriously, he is complicating the pacing of the story. Might be a good thing for the series to delete his character and use his death as a motivation in MC and/or some other main casts.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the snipe, I guess?
There's no such thing as sniping.

Now Biamam Scans have done a good job and as far as I know haven't copped attitude or claimed ownership, so the following isn't an indictment on them in any way;

But the idea that scanlators can "own" or lay claim to a series infuriates me. The only people who EVER have the right to lay claim to a series, and dictate who can translate and release is are the mangaka and the publisher. No one else.

Certainly not scofflaws who operate in the grey area of not-for-profit scanlation.

I don't care about the excuses people use to legitimize their "sniping" narrative. The fact is that unless you are the mangaka, the publisher or have bought the rights from them, you have absolutely no right to dictate what others do with it.

Dex-chan lover
Falma should've gone out of his hiding spot way, way earlier than he did. Also Palle has no right to tell Falma, who not only cured the white death but also got a wide spreading epidemic under control, what he can and can't cure.

Dex-chan lover
There's no such thing as sniping.

Now Biamam Scans have done a good job and as far as I know haven't copped attitude or claimed ownership, so the following isn't an indictment on them in any way;

But the idea that scanlators can "own" or lay claim to a series infuriates me. The only people who EVER have the right to lay claim to a series, and dictate who can translate and release is are the mangaka and the publisher. No one else.

Certainly not scofflaws who operate in the grey area of not-for-profit scanlation.

I don't care about the excuses people use to legitimize their "sniping" narrative. The fact is that unless you are the mangaka, the publisher or have bought the rights from them, you have absolutely no right to dictate what others do with it.
Haven't you ever heard the expression "honor among thieves"? We need to keep some standards for scanlations, or else all the people with actual functioning frontal lobes will leave and all we'll have are rushed jobs and MTLs. It's considered common courtesy to not jump onto a series that is actively being worked on, and no, there are legitimate reasons to discourage sniping an active series if the current group is doing a good job.
Also, we have no obligation to be thankful just because somebody uploaded a chapter.

MD@Home
Sniping isn't bad because a group has a claim on it or anything like it. Sniping is bad because it discourages the people who put their work onto their translations and have kept up with the series for a long time.
If a rando comes into an actively scanlated series and just translate 1 or a few chapters then disappear, the ramificaiton of that is the original group will no longer feel like their work is appreciated, and move on to do something else, leaving the series behind dead and untranslated.

Now if you're sniping Galaxy Degen Scans then it's a different matter.

Users who are viewing this thread