Isekai Yakkyoku - Ch. 54 - Truth Revelation to Falma

Dex-chan lover
same honestly, its always good to have 2 versions, i personally don't mind both also yeah the thing is monthly and i checked the raws it ends at 55.1 so there's no need to rush it if the chapter's gonna be incomplete anyway
huh the other scanlator saying "im tired of drip feed model" or whatever is literally exaggerating the situation then lmfaooooo

Fed-Kun's army
I knew a man, who had a terminal cancer. He didn't tell his family, always put a brave front, until he collapsed and passed away shortly. He didn't want his family to grief over a long time, and might try something desparate to save him, like selling their house and everything, or shark loans.

I don't know. Maybe, Palle thinks the same thing. When I am asking myself, yeah, I want my family to cry for me only on my funeral, then move on as fast as possible.

Tbh, I only translated this and the next chapter so the original translators would be forced to catch up and then can start doing monthly releases like they should (and not the sporadic-once every 3 months-releases). I'm glad they decided to continue it. But I really feel that people were being a bit harsh on my translation after reading this. Reading this felt like I was listening to some script with horrible actors. They didn't sound like they were a part of the story at all. Like, no one talks like that. Palle at one point goes with the casual "No idea..." then becomes super formal and high toned with "I can't ascertain it on my own." Also, it feels like the translators here don't know many medical terms? They just translated the original medical terms from Japanese, like "皮下出血" does mean "bleeding under the skin" but it is usually translated medically and with the same tone as "subcutaneous bleeding." "転移" literally translates to the process of metastasis yet they decided to just call it cancer (which would make sense if the author was trying to have Farma dumb it down to someone, but he isn't. He's speaking to himself using higher language and so should be using actual medical terminology). Although, it's not the normal way to say it, "病巣" translates to lesions or the focus of infection not just "where the affliction is." Once again, dumbing it down for the reader when the author didn't intend it. Or maybe my kanji dictionary is lying to me, idk.

It makes sense to prefer the professional scans group over the one-man but I feel like this one was just glazing because you hate new translations. They couldn't even get the chapter title right on mangadex. Not that they should stop, though. I hope they do the next chapter and then continue it.

Dex-chan lover
Maybe because it's been a long while between chapters, but I'm still not understanding the brother's "I care very deeply about my two younger siblings... So I tried to spend as much time with them by beating the shit out of them" worldview

Maybe because it's been a long while between chapters, but I'm still not understanding the brother's "I care very deeply about my two younger siblings... So I tried to spend as much time with them by beating the shit out of them" worldview
It has been a running bit that Palle is tough with his siblings and makes them work hard whenever he's around

Dex-chan lover
Tbh, I only translated this and the next chapter so the original translators would be forced to catch up and then can start doing monthly releases like they should (and not the sporadic-once every 3 months-releases). I'm glad they decided to continue it. But I really feel that people were being a bit harsh on my translation after reading this. Reading this felt like I was listening to some script with horrible actors. They didn't sound like they were a part of the story at all. Like, no one talks like that. Palle at one point goes with the casual "No idea..." then becomes super formal and high toned with "I can't ascertain it on my own." Also, it feels like the translators here don't know many medical terms? They just translated the original medical terms from Japanese, like "皮下出血" does mean "bleeding under the skin" but it is usually translated medically and with the same tone as "subcutaneous bleeding." "転移" literally translates to the process of metastasis yet they decided to just call it cancer (which would make sense if the author was trying to have Farma dumb it down to someone, but he isn't. He's speaking to himself using higher language and so should be using actual medical terminology). Although, it's not the normal way to say it, "病巣" translates to lesions or the focus of infection not just "where the affliction is." Once again, dumbing it down for the reader when the author didn't intend it. Or maybe my kanji dictionary is lying to me, idk.

It makes sense to prefer the professional scans group over the one-man but I feel like this one was just glazing because you hate new translations. They couldn't even get the chapter title right on mangadex. Not that they should stop, though. I hope they do the next chapter and then continue it.
Who fucking asked?

Trying to act all noble and throwing a tantrum now is hilarious.

Who fucking asked?

Trying to act all noble and throwing a tantrum now is hilarious.
and who asked all the people hating on my chapter to reply to that chapter's forum hating, acting like my quality was the worst thing they've ever read or something when really, the only difference is like the font. Even talking about my translation in this forum. Like if you hate other people translating instead of your beloved scanlators, then just don't read it and stop complaining.

I only talked about it here because I realized how petty and dumb everyone talking about quality was lmao. I made one non-aggressive comment on this forum, and you instantly got pissed on their behalf. Good thing I wasn't like you. Go on, continue reading this. You might even get to read chapter 56 sometime next year!

Double-page supporter

Your scan is good. I wouldn't say it's better or worse than the other group it's comparable. I would love to read your scans for actually abondened series if you have time to translate them believe me there are a lot. Don't listen to the morons that attack you because of the quality. But about the "drop feeding the scans" thing. While you are correct on sometimes it takes a couple of mounts for them to translate new chapters. But they always do it. For 6 years same group translated this series. After seeing so many good series getting abondened i respect them for it and don't mind waiting a little. Getting sniped on most cases doesn't make the original group hold on to the series more, in fact makes them leave it. That's why most people is attacking you. Because they don't want it to get abondened. So i hope you work for the actually abondened series so everybody is happy. I would love to follow you and/or your group for those scans.

Your scan is good. I wouldn't say it's better or worse than the other group it's comparable. I would love to read your scans for actually abondened series if you have time to translate them believe me there are a lot. Don't listen to the morons that attack you because of the quality. But about the "drop feeding the scans" thing. While you are correct on sometimes it takes a couple of mounts for them to translate new chapters. But they always do it. For 6 years same group translated this series. After seeing so many good series getting abondened i respect them for it and don't mind waiting a little. Getting sniped on most cases doesn't make the original group hold on to the series more, in fact makes them leave it. That's why most people is attacking you. Because they don't want it to get abondened. So i hope you work for the actually abondened series so everybody is happy. I would love to follow you and/or your group for those scans.
Thanks for the honest evaluation. I have started to translate another series and it was actually abandoned. The whole situation with that manga is weird so I'm doing chapter 2 on it right now and the raws split the chapters into like 9 parts 💀. My translation and redrawing skills have improved a lot I feel like as well. You can check out my mangadex profile (vairi) or group (com) on the latest uploads for this.

And I totally get why people were so mad about me translating the last two chapters but genuinely it was just to try to make the original translators start to (hopefully) translate once a month now, instead of hoarding chapters and then releasing a couple every couple months. I always just thought if people didn't want to read my translation, they don't have to and can just wait for the others. My translation was for those that just want to read what happens next. I felt like being 2 whole chapters behind was kind of criminal so I translated them. But still, I get why people would dislike me for this. Still annoyed at people trying to find irrelevant reasons to hate on my translation, though.

Dex-chan lover
Holy f'n shit this forced drama bullshit from NOT PROPERLY EXPLAINING SHIT is the shittiest trope there is. Drags this stupid arc out for no f'n reason other then "oh my gawd he must never find out". The father should just arrive and smash both their heads together so they can get up to 1 total brain.

Users who are viewing this thread