Isekai Yakkyoku - Vol. 8 Ch. 39 - The End of the Black Death

Double-page supporter
Since this manga came out in 2022, I think it's a safe bet that this bit was pulled from the infuriating real-world examples we've all been seeing
The whole series is a light novel started publishing from 2016 and this particular arc was way before 2022.
It's also not that uncommon for series featuring an epidemic that has this kind of reactions for their characters, for once, there's a series all about a deadly pandemic that hits hardest on the medical personnels and some of them died being infected from their patients. (I totally forgot the name, but it was around 2006, I think).

Thing is, if you follow what happen in the medical society, diseases like Covid-19 are fairly plenty to be heard of.
Before Covid-19, there were SARS in 2002-2004, MERS around 2015-2016 and all sort of smaller outbreaks. Just that most of these were contained better and didn't leave Europe or America as a wreck as Covid-19 did.

So if anything, it's more likely that MERS influenced this whole series rather than Covid-19.

Though I do have to agree that this seems somewhat influenced by the pandemic at the time of 2022.
But I meant that the line is exactly what you hear all the time here outside of this Manga.

Double-page supporter
So, what kind of idiot goes 'It's my fault for not providing aid in a timely fashion' but then turns around and demands a fucking pharmacist join an army convoy with only one day of prep? Let the man pack! I'm sure it takes more than a day to arrange the logistics of X people to travel Y distance for Z duration... chill out.

Users who are viewing this thread