Isekai Yururi Kikou - Vol. 1 Ch. 4 - Rank Up ♪

Power Uploader
So did EGS swipe this from them and on top of that they ban their scans on Mangadex?

They could do a delayed release but chose not to, well then. why even give EGS the time of day.

@AlmondMagnum Was it really, now? I'd say it's the opposite actually. Everyone likes sweets, it's pretty much an universal language at this point. If he tried any other food, it would be something difficult to replicate(most authors forget that difference in culture and temperature, may make it impossible for people to either accept, or reproduce something locally.) But this, even if for some obscure reason they didn't know how to make Jam, they could simply go with any other sweet filling and it would work.

Every isekai has to have the MC show the world the wonders of using the most basic materials in a novel way... There are cultures that have weird ingredients use that for once, or give a reason they couldn't think of using them before but this is just lazy.

Dex-chan lover
@Kazouie , @AlmondMagnum - bread with stuff in it is not a Japanese invention. Just like many other things MC will cook over the course of this story.
This world's cooking problems are a lot worse - they don't cook anything remotely complicated.

@vasil94 - later in the story, they do give the reason. But they only start thinking about it when it becomes apparent the MC is revolutionizing cooking.

@ValKnight
> I wonder who/What the twins are they are so mysterious
Two hints:
1) they are important enough that God of Air personally appoints them a guardian and sends him clothes for children.
2) They have Water Magic skill from birth.

Dex-chan lover
@BloodySorcerer
I call it pathetic because bread + extra ingredients is something so basic, so universal, I find it incredibly contrived he'd have to show them that. I'd have less problems if the author had gone all in and they lived in a world where nobody had thought of putting food over a fire, or if they didn't use fermentation.

@AlmondMagnum
Just as @flannan said, there's a reason why the people of that world didn't know something so basic, but it will only be revealed later in the story.
Just wait until the MC meet the other gods.

Is it a japanse thing or author braindead, you don't give for free some revolutionary recipes or refuse potentially million gold pieces of royalties!

@flannan And neither did our ancestors. I mean the common folk just eat fruits, baked bread/pies, grilled meat and boiled veggies. Why no improvements? Cause they are contented as long as there is something to eat. Altho there are markets, wars all over the place disrupts it so you gotta scrape what you can get. It's only the nobles and adventurous ppl who crave something more than the norm hence why we have varieties today. Only those who are willing to risk experiment on unknown food is gonna make it as back then its Taboo to break the norm.

Dex-chan lover
@hancea1996 - I am under impression that our ancestors were more adventurous with food. Sure, only nobles could afford to import foreign spices, but many common people would spice their food with local herbs, and look for ways to eat some not quite edible things.

@flannan It might seem adventurous to us but to them, its normal as those spices are within reach. Also as for the fact why they eat unusual things is due to the fact that back then being raided/caught by war is more common than today. They gotta fill their stomachs w/ something and hope it wont kill em. There are no groceries so gotta forage to live. But complicated processes for making better food is not really done much as long as its cooked its fine. As ive said before, its taboo to try the new things. You know how uptight ppl are back then. New ideas are heresy.
It may seem ridiculous to us modern ppl but if u put urself in their shoes, its understandable that being able to eat daily is bliss enough for the ppl back then.

@flannan You may not accept it but the old times were that uptight on things otherwise we should have progressed long ago. Its true that the Renaissance was the start of our progress unto science but in those days, it was really looked down upon. As ive said before, do not view the old times w/ the ways we have today, it just doesnt apply. Altho taboo on new things is not universal as there r still ppl welcoming to change but they are so few its not making any diff. And if the masses found out, its either drived out or the gallows.
And even if it was a bad year, they may try doing things out of the ordinary but once things go peaceful, they mostly revert back for fear of being persecuted. I remember my gramps was like that. For instance, he have a lawn mover. But he doesnt use it and just prefers shears. Once he hurt his back due to too much time spent on sitting to cut grass so my dad had teached him to use the mower instead. He finished faster and he was happy. But the next time he cut grass he went back to shears. Why? Because its what he got used to. We tried asking him to use the mower but he was so stern. Conservative ppl are hard to introduce to newer ways. A concrete evidence of why progress was so slow all the years the humans have existed. It was during the Age of Industrialization that people are starting to accept new ideas but that was just European Powers, US and Japan. The rest of the world remained as conservatives.

Users who are viewing this thread