Isekai Yururi Kikou - Vol. 9 Ch. 57 - 57TH JOURNEY: THERE'S SO MUCH CUTENESS

.... Soooo, this translation that's been posted right now is pretty unreadable. The font choice is REALLY bad, and the content is very stilted and in some places, completely nonsensical. Words are used incorrectly in nearly every page, and it's difficult to tell what the characters are actually saying. This new translation group may not speak English very well, or they tried to use a literal translation instead of actually trying to localize it, or it's a combo of that and other factors. Regardless, I won't be reading this group's translation, and I hope the other group who translated this series before will come back, because as it is, this is not enjoyable to read.

Dex-chan lover
The pages also look way blurrier than they used to

Contributor
No offence to whoever translated Ch. 55.57 but I thought I was having a stroke reading these
They used a manga translator tool, most likely https://aimangatranslator.com/ or a derivative of it.

These tools require no skill to use whatsoever, you just upload the images, select language options, it then spits out the files a few minutes later. If you aren't a paying user, the AI will ask you to shrink the dimensions of the image so that it doesn't use as much resources, but the output will almost always be of a lower quality than the original image.

Most of these AI translators utilize DeepL as the translation engine, while the AI / machine learning is what's doing the 'typesetting' and detecting speech bubbles and copying / pasting the translated text from DeepL into the images.

Anyone with 3 brain cells & an internet connection can "become a translator / typesetter" with these free-to-use AI tools, I would just ask people not to be an idiot and start uploading large quantities of AI translated crap. We already have enough AI generated rubbish on the internet.

Last edited:
There's a lot of hate, but I didn't mind reading this. Everyone has to start somewhere.

If you've left the whole lot to AI, don't do that. Use it as a base and work on your own copy. The names could have been easily fixed.

Recruiting a few proofreaders is essential as well.

Dex-chan lover
There's a lot of hate, but I didn't mind reading this. Everyone has to start somewhere.

If you've left the whole lot to AI, don't do that. Use it as a base and work on your own copy. The names could have been easily fixed.

Uhmm, if you want to start somewhere then start by learning the language you are translating into, not the language you are translating from, that can come later, but at least learn the language you are translating into well enough, so blatant errors like what one can see in these chapters will poke your eyes well before you upload them.

The problem is that a proofreader needs something even remotely coherent to work with, first. Like, if I'd been presented this, I'd probably have been able to correct, or at least point out, things like the inconsistent spelling of "Bastel/Pastel Rabbit", the font weirdness on page 5, the fact that the pronoun used for (what I assume to be) a single person changed multiple times on page 13 (you?->he->you->she), etc. But I still don't think I could make this entirely coherent. And accuracy would also be questionable.

Honestly, I kinda wish this person had left this to a competent AI. I've seen much better MTLs than this, especially recently. This is like they used Google Translate from a decade ago...and ran it through multiple other languages before English.

Dex-chan lover
Okay, so Sylphiel is Anemo Archon now. Lol. The translator has clearly been playing too much Genshin Impact.

Dex-chan lover
Ooh, that camera is an instant camera. I also had intention to buy one, but the photo papers are... expensive. I think I'll stick with digital camera for now.

Dex-chan lover
There are many translators using MTL that turn out far better quality releases than this.

The person that did this found the worst possible quality raws, ran it through the worst possible MTL engine, didn't do any proofreading, and added a few typos of their own.

Users who are viewing this thread