Island Manager - Vol. 1 Ch. 5 - Salespeople Are Performers!

A rival appears from the ocean... perfect way to increase romantic developments. This is such a fun read.

LOLLLL single women are the true predators to look out for on a deserted island. Thank you for the amazing high-quality scanlation again as always! I especially appreciated the font you used for "SPILL IT." on page 13 --truly a great font that properly conveys the unbridled rage and discrete urgency of a mother to her clueless child lol

Competition...
... had to Google out the meaning of arm candy 😂...

Dex-chan lover
I really like this manga, but wish there was more progression between the main couple before a female rival got involved. It doesn't seem like the MC and FMC's relationship is strong enough for her to get jealous over the new girl. The way it's been, the FMC should not care at all about the new girl and just let her and the MC get together. Maybe I'm just overthinking things, but it just seems too early in the story to introduce "drama" like this.

Group Leader
@Sparky_ Yeah for sure. Without giving too much away, I will say that the “drama” isn’t ever too serious in this manga as a rule of thumb. Even though this cliffhanger ended with a seemingly aggressive rival, in the same way that Chapter 4 ended with a “is there a bad guy?” vibe, it turned out harmless. I debated waiting to post Chapter 5 along with Chapter 6 (because if you are interested in minor spoilers):
Seiko gets explicitly shut down by Kotou in the next chapter. Komatsu and Kotou start getting hella cute and there are nice relationship developments starting in Volume 2

HAHAH I knew we'd randomly get a rival arrival at some point. Our FL is so lovable, her attitude is so relatable.

Idk why I never expected more characters to be introduced by simply having them wash up on shore lol, it would be so funny if they just ended up creating a whole new company by colonizing the island with office workers

Damn I love the new rival girl and the ML, maybe because I'm shifting from undergrad to working world now and I'm very well trained in the art of fake smiles and bosses lmaooo

I mean I getchu FL but THIS IS LIFE AND AN IMPORTANT SKILL LMAO U NEED TO KNOW CUSTOMER SERVICE SMILES

@77BLc9JwJGpLVARkamJx Was thinking the same thing. Maybe they'll just leave the tent flap open? Idk how the air flow would work, though, and the fire seems close enough to one side of the tent to set the whole thing ablaze.

I'm normally on the fence about adding love rivals, but bring it one, vixen. I can predict what'd happen next 😆. The manga is good on its own, but I believe Garbage Gal's choice of words and type settings do make it more enjoyable for me.

Users who are viewing this thread