Island Part 2 - Ch. 67 - THE END

Dex-chan lover
I don't know what to make of this, i know the author is big on M.Night.Shamaladingdong shennanigans, but the ending to this felt really forced, Kali went out in an anticlimactic fashion, and we're just told that the eruption was actually just an illusion, which really lessens the whole impact of it. It's like the author set up the whole story just to delete it the end so he can continue with the next story that'll certainly involve the dude on the plane.

Also i don't get his insistence with making everything part of the same shared universe. I get that sometimes it can work, but involving Distant Sky in the ending here seems really bizarre, since Distant Sky is supposed to be a sort of more grounded-in-realism post-apocalyptic tragedy of sorts, so unless he's cooking up some "Eldritch gods were responsible for the calamity in Distant Sky" it generally feels quite awkward.

Anyways the author seems to have a bad habit of badly influencing his stories so he can somehow tie them to others

I don't know what to make of this, i know the author is big on M.Night.Shamaladingdong shennanigans, but the ending to this felt really forced, Kali went out in an anticlimactic fashion, and we're just told that the eruption was actually just an illusion, which really lessens the whole impact of it. It's like the author set up the whole story just to delete it the end so he can continue with the next story that'll certainly involve the dude on the plane.

Also i don't get his insistence with making everything part of the same shared universe. I get that sometimes it can work, but involving Distant Sky in the ending here seems really bizarre, since Distant Sky is supposed to be a sort of more grounded-in-realism post-apocalyptic tragedy of sorts, so unless he's cooking up some "Eldritch gods were responsible for the calamity in Distant Sky" it generally feels quite awkward.

Anyways the author seems to have a bad habit of badly influencing his stories so he can somehow tie them to others
You clearly don't know or don't understand what the Superstring Universe is.

Ok so where is Johan at in Terror vs Revival and Marco Polos story? Where is that Buddhist cult in any of the other stories? Their leader wasn't given any character development. Same for that little girl from the Vatican. Who is that white haired guy in the plane? Is it Ajitae? He's also not present in any of the other stories. Suki is also written really weirdly. Here she acts like Suki from Distant Sky but in TvR she acts like Suki from Neolithic Girl.

Dex-chan lover
You clearly don't know or don't understand what the Superstring Universe is.
Nope, had no idea, now that I've looked it up it sounds even dumber than what i previously thought, there are so many webtoons there i've read there that seriously don't fit together narratively, literally at all.
This sounds poorly vetted, i guess in the same sense that some of the marvel multiverse was also poorly mashed together back in the old days, but i guess YLAB makes the shots there so whatever.
Thank you for informing me about this nonsense, I'll pretend i never heard about it so i can save myself from the sheer irrationality of it :kek:

Nope, had no idea, now that I've looked it up it sounds even dumber than what i previously thought, there are so many webtoons there i've read there that seriously don't fit together narratively, literally at all.
This sounds poorly vetted, i guess in the same sense that some of the marvel multiverse was also poorly mashed together back in the old days, but i guess YLAB makes the shots there so whatever.
Thank you for informing me about this nonsense, I'll pretend i never heard about it so i can save myself from the sheer irrationality of it :kek:
Yeap I was fascinated by this universe when I first got into it but recently I've started to regret it mainly because it's multiple artists are writing stories that should all tie in together but some artists just don't respect the source material of every character and are just writing them in their own way with whatever vague ideas they have about said characters. And the bigger reason I'm having this regret is because Ylab just doesn't care at this point. They haven't updated their main page in years, only a few stories are going but they are nearing their epilogues and the rest are done without any signs of continuation. The only story I can recommend is the one that got me into this - Distant Sky. It's really good.

Users who are viewing this thread