Isn't Being a Wicked Woman Much Better? - Ch. 39

Group Leader
like got agree, literally whole person we seen with dark pink hair. got love mc logic, thinking a thin mask hides their identity

funny-pictures-auto-demotivation-Pokemon-378191.jpeg

Dex-chan lover
bruh if logic actually exist in these types of situation where mc is hiding their identity then they would all have been found out the moment they got infront the door

Dex-chan lover
I always find it strange how many MCs throw away money needlessly in auctions. They are only donating extra, unexpected money to the seller, that's it. She could have raised the bid by 10 gold, maybe 20. There was no need to double it and then double it again. The other bidders would have their maximums, which would be reached eventually. There's no point in making a huge increase, unless you somehow know or can guess the limits of the other bidders and want to go straight above. But even in such a case, it may not be necessary because unless the other bidders are specifically only interested in that single item, they might give up sooner and concentrate on later items.

Double-page supporter
I always find it strange how many MCs throw away money needlessly in auctions.
I can think of 2 explanations: 1) It's supposed to show off how loaded she is at this point. The appeal of many Isekais comes from identifying with eventually-overpowered protagonists, after all.
2) It's probably also to speed the scene up. The author probably didn't feel that drawing or reading about incremental bidding would be very interesting.

Yup, only a Doylist answer only makes sense here.

Dex-chan lover
I can think of 2 explanations: 1) It's supposed to show off how loaded she is at this point. The appeal of many Isekais comes from identifying with eventually-overpowered protagonists, after all.
2) It's probably also to speed the scene up. The author probably didn't feel that drawing or reading about incremental bidding would be very interesting.

Yup, only a Doylist answer only makes sense here.

I can see the speed things up factor, even if this isn't exactly a fast paced series. However, first point, she's participating anonymously, so she's not really showing off anything because nobody knows who it is.

Fed-Kun's army
Um so why isn't the new chapter out if it was supposed to be delayed in May 😭

I can see the speed things up factor, even if this isn't exactly a fast paced series. However, first point, she's participating anonymously, so she's not really showing off anything because nobody knows who it is.
i would guess it's also about trying to intimidate the opponent to not bid anymore, to make them think "if she is going to raise it this much every time, is there a point for me to even bid"
i mean at the end of the day, auctions are mind games and like this you could win by raising a lot even if you didnt have that much money

Dex-chan lover
i would guess it's also about trying to intimidate the opponent to not bid anymore, to make them think "if she is going to raise it this much every time, is there a point for me to even bid"
i mean at the end of the day, auctions are mind games and like this you could win by raising a lot even if you didnt have that much money
Not that I'd be an auction expert, but in my opinion it's not really a mind game. The only mind game I can think of is the xianxia cliche, where the main character manages to troll a disagreeable character to pay way more than necessary for an average item.

Like I said in my first comment, everybody has their upper limit. The absolutely upper limit for the whole auction, dictated by the thickness of their pocketbook, and a budget per item, assuming they may want to bid for more than one. What does it matter if the limit is reached fast or slow? The only thing that matters is your own budget and your own interest. How exactly can you be intimidated by someone else's budget? You may be frustrated by losing, but that's just how auctions work.

The only way to be intimated, for real, would be to notice you are competing against a ruthless gangster, a dictator's butler, or something else along those lines.

For the seller/auction house, it's naturally a mind game. They would want to make the bidders imagine the items are worth as much as possible. The auction house may even cheat by having an agent raise the price.

Users who are viewing this thread