It Is My First Love - Vol. 1 Ch. 27

@Dioss It's not so simple, is it? Because she spent enough time with him to know he would not do something like that maliciously. And she knows, but she runs away from him because she simply does not want to remember her past. Meaning she doesn't even want to know why he did that.
I am willing to overlook a naive teenager running away from a bit of high-school drama, but she didn't changed at all many years later.
And here is the tough part: in the past nothing that happened was her fault, so why was she the one running away? I mean I get avoiding things a bit, but changing her name, is she for real?

This is really frustrating, I would never want to be accidentally in love with someone, and completely unaware of her true coward nature until it's too late, since she would be running away from everything a but difficult in her life.... 😑
She can still redeem herself, by talking it out with him, cursing him if that's what she truly wants. Otherwise, she can just keep running away, maybe changing her name again and the story would be over like that. 😂

WAIT I'M STUPID the confession had a story about the cat. He was the actual person who buried the cat and gave her the umbrella but she was mistaken about his identity for his friend. So he wanted to keep the confession because it was REALLY a confession about him in the first place.

good grief I finally get it

Seeing Da eun, i feel like she is not just running away, I think she was just protecting herself from them, perhaps making the same mistakes again. She totally felt hurt deep inside, no one to talk to, except her mom. Plus, talking it out with her mom is not just as helpful as we think it is since the problem itself has not been solved with the people involved.

Rejection is one thing and acceptance is difficult to do.

@Leonhart93
They're both responsible for prolonging the misunderstanding, so I don't get why some people want to put all the blame on Eunjae. For starters, she doesn't owe him anything, so why does she have to explain herself when they weren't even exactly friends in the first place? Yeah, he likes her, but that's his own issue, seeing as he never confessed to her. As far as she's concerned, she was nothing but a source of amusement to him.

She was living a-okay before he barged into her life again. Just like some people commented in an earlier chapter, she's a functional adult and she seems to get along just fine with her coworkers. She's not hiding away from people or anything of the sort, she's just hiding from him because he has a history of inconveniencing her by meddling in her life. I feel like she'd have lived the rest of her life normally if she'd never met him again.

And let's be real, Moonyoung's behavior is questionable as well. All of this would be resolved pretty quickly if he simply told her Jisoo isn't mad at her anymore and that he wasn't the one that gave her the letter. His reasoning for not apologizing even after he saw how much she's still suffering is a bit cruel imo. When they were younger he basically blackmailed her when he could've just told her he's the boy that helped her with the cat, and I know it wasn't intentional, but he really messed up by not returning the letter in the first place.

That Jisoo is not any better but at least she accepted her mistakes, if she really trusted Da Eun she should heard her back then to make up the misunderstandings

Dex-chan lover
Da eun should forgive them only to have her piece of mind and to finally move on. But in no way does that mean they can just get back in her life like nothing happened. The only reason they want to apologize and clear things up is so they would feel better about themselves. Understandable, but it's pretty stupid for them to think things can go back to how they were or they can be friends again. Da eun has been pretty clear that she wants nothing to do with them and I don't think a "you got it all wrong, I'm sorry!" would suddenly make it all better.
I know that they're gonna pull something off that's gonna piss me.
Also, moonyoung is a big dumb, thinking his interrogation methods about her identity would make her fess up. Did he not grow up from being that obnoxious teenager.

At this point I'm just happy she told him she'd quit the company if he posters her. I want daeun to come forward of her own will, not because dragging her. Atleast the rejection letter will keep him away for a little while.

@mukade She doesn't owe them anything, it's for herself that she needs to take a little bit more of a stand.
I don't have any illusions that she would become combative or something as a result, just to not be afraid of the consequences of the things she didn't do.

She clearly has very deep rooted issues, it's not a simple matter. How many people would change their name in response to an average issue that happens to most high-schoolers in some form? And especially one that wasn't even her fault....

There are so many points in these comment that I really agree.

Efu

I'm probably biased, but I don't like this development. The sunbae, the best friend, and the ML are living a good life whether or not FL's problem gets resolved. The only one affected by that is Daeun.

While she still managed to be part of a 'functional society,' she's lost her true self. She hasn't had a healthy relationship with anyone (outside her family) ever since she changed her name.

Meanwhile the sunbae and the best friend are still happily together, and the ML is on the pathway to a great career. It's unfair from them to ask anything any more from Daeun.

Well, since this is fiction it'll probably resolved by ML telling the truth, apologise, fixes her relationship with best friend, everyone's happy again, she falls in love with him, boom, happily ever after.

I'm just saying, if it were real life, I wouldn't want that.

I would like to barge in the story to help them solve all their misunderstandings !

Thank you for these chapters !

Dex-chan lover
I'm fine with Moonyoung and the others getting to clear the misunderstandings between all of them, but I kinda don't want to see Da-Eun all of the sudden be best buds with them again(at least not so soon). Jisoo asked some really good questions while yelling at Moonyoung that kinda got skated over(yeah, we know why he kept it, but she didn't).

First time commenting but I've thought about this webtoon a lot because I didn't understand why Moonyoung kept the letter. Was it just a leverage so he could get Daeun to spend time with him? Maybe, but I think the bigger question is: Was it really Gunwook who buried the cat and gave Daeun the umbrella? I'm pretty sure it's another case of mistaken identity. If it is, it explains why Moonyoung would have wanted to keep the letter. Because the confession was about him!

I admit he is quite questionable when it comes to his approach to Daeun but you could see how much he truly cared for her in the past. Although, I completely understand why Daeun was hesitant to reveal herself because it really hurt her in the past. She thought he betrayed her and he didn't reply to her voice message (probably deleted by the antagonist girl).

Just hope they could clear up the misunderstanding so Daeun can tie up the loose ends she had in high school.

Y’all forgetting about that chick and the dude with the glasses in his bedroom looking around and such. What happened to them?
Also......... the ML was married before!!! to whom though? The female lead mentions this when he first arrived to the job when everyone was gossiping about him.

Users who are viewing this thread