It Is My First Love - Vol. 1 Ch. 33

Ahh it's been quite while. Thanks for translating.

I officially ship it. I was on the fence before, but this chapter sold me

Thank you very much for the translation! As i said in another chapter, i find this comic nice and enjoyable 😀

When 10 days turned into 10 years lmao,,, must have been tough
I'm glad they are both moving on tho

We are sailing ya'll. A hopefully beginning can I say? Thank you so much for the update!

It only took him 33 chapters to meet her on her own terms instead of forcing her.

"It saddens me that the memories I cherish from the past don't mean the same to you"

Yeah because you weren't blackmailed to create those memories and exposed using the material of that blackmail.

It's so ridiculous that he can even think that. Shouldn't he be saying how he regrets his actions caused her to have a tough time? How can he look back happily on something that he knows was dark for her?

This means the writer does not intend to ever treat his blackmail and failure to return/protect/destroy the confession letter as blackmail and extreme carelessness towards something he knew gave her constant anxiety. At 15-17, I can forgive him somewhat but he's grown now.

He still doesn't really care about or want to understand her feelings.

Agree with @Ceereus, people should really stop taking blackmail lightly. It never goes well and it can damaged someone’s reputation like what happened to Eunjae. I’m still lowkey on the fence due to that.

@Calyptra
I will, I promise. First I need to mentally prepare myself cause discord scares me
Also I've noticed before but I love how your username is a sporophytic part of mosses

@Piatritous This is the kind of story where if their adult story was handled differently, I could support it. It's really fun and interesting when characters have shared baggage in their past. But... I can't support the end game love interest being as forceful and thoughtless as this one.

At least the writer is staying true to Eun Jae's emotional story and she's not conveniently getting over everything. Even if she's blushing far too much at his pathetic gestures. Gestures that would be cute/fluffy/thoughtful if he showed any consideration for her distress over their reunion.

They're both so cute! I don't care what happened in the past. I'm the type of person to forgive people unless they've done something truly horrifying. Playfully blackmailing is not that. I've lived in a house where I have two sisters so keeping secrets would've been a pipe dream if we all never blackmailed each other about tattling their secrets. Even with all that, "I'll tell your secret if you don't get me water" I'm still close enough to my sisters that if I ever reach a dark point in life, I know they'll be there for me. Soo I think you all are over reacting 🥱🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️
They were kids. Let bygones be bygones. Especially if the interested parties have settled

@Mai_loves_icecream But it wasn't a harmless secret. She literally was forced to spend time with him. Even if she eventually grew to like him, she felt the anxiety of what he was holding over her neck. It was a secret so big, it hurt her best friend, the whole class turned on her, it brought up old wounds from middle school and she was so distressed that she decided to transfer schools. And change her name.

He knew it was a big secret because even he said "you wrote this even though you're friends with her" before he understood the context of the letter. Even he initially questioned what kind of person she was.

It's damaging blackmail. He knew. She knew. And it made her miserable knowing he had that on her. Look through those panels when he finally says he'll give the letter back to her. She's stressed but she decides to trust him anyway. He broke that trust by being very stupidly careless with the letter with a house full of people who know her. He can get angry with glasses as much as he wants but he's ultimately to blame.

Eun Jae cares enough about him to be relieved he didn't personally expose her but I don't really see how it makes a difference.

@practicallyuseful well our server is pretty small, and still fairly quiet, so you needn't worry about feeling overwhelmed :) and my name has multiple meanings, which is the fun part for me really!

@Ceereus I'm pretty sure they became friends, earlier, though..

I don't know why but I'm softening up to the dude, I might just end up shipping them but he still has a lot to do to apologize. Until then, nope.

@BobbityRossity Earlier?

It's fair to ship. I think that's like half the comment section. I would like to ship them if he wasn't horrible even as adults. To the point she wanted to leave a job and company she loved. I feel sad for her to have a boss like that, forget a lover. If he left her alone and tried to befriend the new Eun Jae while respecting her enough to say something in her own time, this could have been a better romance. It would have also upped the tension building for the great reveal of what actually happened. But it feels weird now. He doesn't even understand why she's upset. Idc about the middle school stuff. I understand why she left that school. I wouldn't have even left a voice mail because he's been disrespecting her for a long time.

I guess I just want the reasoning behind shipping them.

I keep writing way too much 😵

Users who are viewing this thread