It would be nice if it was possible to automatically skip "extra/omake" chapters in the reader. :rejected:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ank

Fed-Kun's army
This is an example of a manga that would benefit from it : https://mangadex.org/title/23811/boku-no-kokoro-no-yabai-yatsu
Between each chapter, there is at best one extra chapter. Its usually 2 or 3....and sometimes its even 5 or 6.
It would be nice if the reader had a checkbox in the settings that allowed to automatically skip these extra chapters.
So instead of going chap. 39 -> 39.1(extra) -> 39.2 (extra) -> 39.3(extra) -> 39.4 (extra) -> 39.5 (extra) -> 39.6 (Omake) -> 40
You would simply do 39 -> 40 and avoid all the useless "fluff".
Although I am aware that somemanga do use the decimal nomenclature "*.1 -> *.2" for legit full chapters, and maybe that would be a complicated issue to deal with.
Anyways, I thought it would be a nice feature to have as this manga is very annoying to read with all the side stories.
Have a nice day !

Double-page supporter
I have a better suggestion: just stop reading that manga, OP. You don't deserve it.

Dex-chan lover
What I'm hearing is a request for a feature for an incredibly small fraction of the userbase, which requires manual maintenance (flagging individual chapters as "side" chapters or flagging each series as having fractional chapters or not), would encourage people to rob themselves of possibly good or even story-relevant content (depending on the series), and which is just as easily accomplished by people just doing what they could always do anyway, which is just skip chapters they don't feel like reading.

By the way, on desktops or other devices with keyboards, shift+q/e skips to the previous/next chapter (depending on reading direction).

Also what Halo said

Dex-chan lover
Stop reading online where literally no online reading sites offer the function to skip extras, and download the chapters to your computer, then you can opt to not download the extras and just enjoy your main story or whatever.

Also what Halo said.

Double-page supporter
@Noobmaster69__ Quite rude of you to question the sincerity of my suggestion.
It's very easy to implement and will give OP exactly what they want: freedom from fluff, as this entire manga consists of fluff.

edit: word.

Dex-chan lover
https://mangadex.org/title/23811/boku-no-kokoro-no-yabai-yatsu
You would simply do 39 -> 40 and avoid all the useless "fluff".
Imagine complaining about "useless fluff" in a slice-of-life romcom.

xEOz61x.png

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
No, we're not adding the option to automatically skip chapters of the manga you're reading. I have never seen this request before, and I don't know why you'd want to deliberately avoid content.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread