ItaKiss

Dex-chan lover
Someone has put a tragedy tag. I'm figuring they mean it's tragic that the mangaka died in the middle of writing it, but I thought I should mention that the manga itself is in no way tragic as far as I can remember. If anything, it has a lot of comedy and should have a comedy tag, which as of right now it doesn't.
By modern standards this isn't actually a great manga. Good, but not amazing. It gets a bit repetitive, sort of doing the same jokes a bunch of times. But it's interesting--I always find it kind of fun to look at one of the prototypes of what later become cliches. They tend to be more interesting, less simple and clear cut, because it's not someone saying "let's do an X Y Z" and knowing what those are supposed to be like.

Two years late with a reply, but the tragedy tag fits somehow.

The heroine is dumb, with no self respect whatsoever and absolutely useless in everything.

The tragedy is that after years of being ignored at best and mistreated at worst, she keeps being in love with the biggest scumbag I've seen in the 34 years since I started reading manga.

Read this manga only if you loathe yourself. If you still want to read an old school shoujo, go for Maison Ikkoku.

Dex-chan lover
@Thade780 Maison Ikkoku is seinen, my dude. Rumiko Takahashi only does shonen/seinen. Not trying to be an asshole but I know my Rumic World!

Sad about the author passing.

Yeah, the real tragedy are the circumstances surrounding the mangakas death.
She moved apartments, hit her head on a table and died from the inflicted brain injury a few weeks later.
Really makes you think how one small accident can end your life. And if she could have been saved with todays technology.

i think that the "tragedy" tag fit it, because early on,
the Aihara's house collapsed
, not because Kaoru (the mangaka) passed away

Users who are viewing this thread