Itoshi no Ko, Charlotte - Vol. 1 Ch. 2 - Everything Was for You (Part 1)

Contributor
@VawX: I mean, I've been assuming from pretty early on that this is going to be, at best, one of those things that oscillates between being dark and being warm and sometimes is both. I think it has the potential to pull that off really well, though.

Will is a familiar visage: The lover whose personality has become a bit twisted and gone to lengths that would not normally be considered ethical to bring their lover back, who has lost a lot of themselves in the process, and whose worldview has become distorted from single-mindedly chasing an unattainable goal (well, it should have been) for so long. But Charlotte isn't being the faint, wan, sad-echoes-of-her-former-self resurrected heroine who serves as a metaphor for the futility of chasing love lost. She's lively and spunky and foolish. The dynamic here could work really well, I feel.

I'm just hoping the author's ultimate inclinations tend towards the "heartwarming" side. I have been caught at being too optimistic about these things before. XD

Users who are viewing this thread