It's My Life - Vol. 8 Ch. 54 - Deliverance

Dex-chan lover
Hooray, another chapter of one of the most unique mangas! Looks really likely this is set long after Killing Me Killing You, the world has reordered itself around the new reality brought about by the asteroid and figured out how to utilize some of it as well.

Dex-chan lover
I thought I was reading something different, had to check the title again and again to make sure...

Thanks for the chapter, as always.

Long-strip supporter
its nice to enjoy multiple series taking place in the same world with references to each other, quite the uncommon treat these days.

Is this the first mention of “Asteroid” in this series? Because it fucking blew my mind that Killing Me/Killing You took place BEFORE It’s My Life.

Thank you so very much for the translation!! I can not believe Astra's dream house is a ship *.* What are the odds? I mean I did not see that coming. I thought the Ark would have been buried under who knows where. That is amazing!! And her smile at the end, when she breaks the mind control!! I am in love 😍

Idk this doesnt make much sense to me, by the explanation in the end, like how country became weaker bc of internal strifes, it just simply doesnt explain the damn regression to dark ages no matter how you spin it.
Its nice that he connected many things (loose ends?) but it kinda feels.. lazy? It feels like he took all the loose ends and just tied em up together, maybe it was planned from the beggining but it doesnt feel that way.

Double-page supporter
Damn. I can't believe this is in the same universe as Killing me, Killing you. The tie-ins are amazing.

Dex-chan lover
I have so many questions now :
[ul]> How the advance civilization in Atreyu's era regressed to a medieval era in Astra's era? What's the caused? What the trigger?
> From this chapter, I believe Noah is Arctica's incarnation. So, how that gentle and passive Arctica split herself and one of her part become creepy and scary af?
> How is this universe related to KIlling Me/Killing You? How is it connected between two stories?[/ul]

Despite the slow, nice, and warming slice-of-life moments in many chapters before, this chapter successfully throw its reader into confusion. 😅

Dex-chan lover
Everyone else trying to connect the dots and wanting more explanation on how this makes sense. I’m over here just traumatized at the last page (and really wanting to print out the second to last page)

Users who are viewing this thread