It's Not Meguro-san's First Time - Vol. 4 Ch. 26 - I won't think about the Specifics

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the translation.
So cute. And wholesome.
I feel happy.

Dex-chan lover
Sure, there's no way to know 100% whether you're going to still be in a relationship later, but come on, there are definitely things you can do to increase your chances.

Fed-Kun's army
The thing about loud characters is that I can hear them while reading and it is fking anoying.

This is a nice and uplifting chapter for a change after all that depressing stuff!

Loud guys are those kind of guys you want to punch in the face for being annoying but still hang out with them cause you enjoy their loudness and energy.

Dex-chan lover
Ginji and Ricchan are such an adorable bunch of dorks, and I love them

Dex-chan lover
@icekatze Yea. I might be mistaken, but I thought that was the point of the spiel. "As long as you both want to stay together, you will stay together" (Which kind of includes that you should preferably act in a way that considers your partner and their interests as well. But mistakes can be made and forgiven. Or not. It's all up to the couple I guess.)

Dex-chan lover
@Simpleton
I think you might be mistaken, about my point or her point, I'm not sure.

The way I read "There's no real way to make sure a relationship lasts...etc.... just think about what you want to do right now." is that because there's no certainty about the future, you should just forget about it and live in the moment. This is a textbook Nirvana Fallacy. It might be comforting for someone who is worried about uncertainty in life to think so, but I would not accept it as an axiom. It is true that there's no way to make sure a relationship lasts, but there are absolutely things you can do to improve your chances, and absolutely things you can do to sabotage your relationship.

Her separate assertion "...They've got their own way of being a couple." is something that I agree with though.

Dex-chan lover
@icekatze It's true that the friends explanation might have been a "don't worry about the future, enjoy what you have right now" (although it might also have been left ambiguous or lost in translation) but I do feel that what she took home was the right sense "what kind of couple do we want to be" - i.e. "how should we work at being a good (lasting) couple". (And if so, then the totality of the episode was "as long as you both want to stay together, you will stay together" ;)

Dex-chan lover
@Simpleton
Yeah, Meguro is fine. Just, in general, I hope people don't ignore the future. Worrying about things too much is no good, but not giving any thought to the future isn't really good either.

Dex-chan lover
Pheeeeeeeew. I'm 100000000% glad that our boy here is a good guy. I was worried they'd pull the boyfriend that's just dating her friend to get to FL card. Fucking hate that.

LOL this new guy is super funny and nice lol, really fun character

Users who are viewing this thread