It's Not Meguro-san's First Time - Vol. 5 Ch. 37.5 - Love Every Bit

Dex-chan lover
An adult in his life really should have taken the time to explain the difference between romantic, platonic, and familial love, because I find it hard to believe when he was in elementary (or was that a daycare?) and middle school he was throwing around romantic love. I would say not knowing that difference is what caused him trouble growing up. It’s not like loving multiple people is weird (I would hope most people do), but he should have better understood what type of love he felt. If it was romantic, I also don’t see that as a problem (the way I see polygamy is if you can find people to fo along with it, good on you), but again I find it really REALLY hard to believe he was feeling romantic love for multiple people in 5th or lower grade (he almost definitely wasn’t feeling it when he was a toddler and understood none of the implications). Really I’m just saying that him thinking of himself as weird is the fault of the adults in his life explaining nothing (and even if after being explained everything he was feeling romantic love then some reassurance would have also prevented it from being an issue for apparently years). I would like to see a childhood backstory where the character faces an issue (conflict) in his then ideals or character, goes to his parents or a trusted adult for guidance and support, and comes out feeling confident about who he is and true to himself, but also self aware about how his actions and personality can affect others. I mean I can’t be the only one who thinks that’s how a childhood should work, right? At the very least he shouldn’t think he’s “weird” (which no one is; the concept itself is just another way for people to perpetuate social control and conformity), and were the adults in his life just absent until he hit high school?

Users who are viewing this thread