It's Time for "Interrogation," Princess! - Ch. 233

Dex-chan lover
Carbon DIoxide and not MONoxide. Very serious difference. CO binds to hemoglobin, making it difficult to survive even if you've got adequate oxygen. CO2 is deposited in your lungs to be exhaled. You can suffocate in both, but CO2 is not actually poisonous.

Dex-chan lover
Huh, now I'm wondering if the princess ever experienced school life.

Demon school arc?

Dex-chan lover
Huh, now I'm wondering if the princess ever experienced school life.

Demon school arc?
Canon says she didn't; she was raised to be a warrior princess. That's the reason all these "mundane" "tortures" work so well. She never got to experience any of this. Up to and including having real friends.

Supporter
Canon says she didn't; she was raised to be a warrior princess. That's the reason all these "mundane" "tortures" work so well. She never got to experience any of this. Up to and including having real friends.
Honestly, the Kingdom is painted as not necessarily the good guys at all in this situation.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, the Kingdom is painted as not necessarily the good guys at all in this situation.
Meanwhile Hellholm is just... normal. Even the Demon Lord lives in an apartment. Hell, the Demon Queen works in a bookstore.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
They're still good guys, it's just that bait and switch with demons didn't work so well otherwise. This is different from works where "we were on the bad side all along."

Carbon DIoxide and not MONoxide. Very serious difference. CO binds to hemoglobin, making it difficult to survive even if you've got adequate oxygen. CO2 is deposited in your lungs to be exhaled. You can suffocate in both, but CO2 is not actually poisonous.
I checked the Japanese version and going off of Google Translate, it seems the mixup came from the English localization.

I had used the app to translate the text directly off the page, so I was confused about how the mix-up could have happened logistically.

Turns out, checking what Carbon Dioxide and Carbon Monoxide are in Japanese elucidates how.

carbon monoxide = 一酸化炭素​
carbon dioxide = 二酸化炭素​

Users who are viewing this thread