It’s Time to Change the Genre - Ch. 92

Thanks for the TL.

While the chapter was interesting and good, I was really pissed of with the FMC. Like you are an adult, say something instead of just thinking the right things to say and not saying anything at all but just standing there dumbfounded. This has been her character since she joined the royal family, loss all backbone and confidence and just have eternal post conversation comebacks in her head mid conversation. I understand why she treats Luca as an adult since he very much acts like one and technically is one but this princess IS a child who is taking on bigger problems and responsibilities because no one in this royal family talks to anyone and just repeats the problems of their parents. Please be the adult in the situation instead of saying "none of these children act like kid" yeah if everyone around them acts like a child them someone needs to be the adult.

Let me say this very important point for who ever reads this being told you are mature for your age/act like an adult is not a good thing, that maturity is trauma grow up slowly and enjoy it you get to realy only do it once. It's okay to be child like and be a child, every child in the story that acts older has trauma that makes them act that way, this is also true in life.

Like yes if the child is married than maybe the other princess won't be married off but I highly doubt that with how they are all acting. Like the FMC can say literally anything but continues never to speak up so she just instead validates the terrible behavior and actions around her, like for the love of God just tell the gramps that he is the reason his family and the kingdom hates. The whole story since the royal family arc has been people putting up with terrible behavior (then having a very good response to said behavior and not ever saying) then complaining about said terrible behavior to someone else.

sigh I know I'm ranting now but really there are so many of these situations like two princess left the royal family because they didn't want to deal with the family's bullshit, one of them even died a poor commoner because it was better than ever going back. I love and hate this series. Till the next chapter

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the TL.

While the chapter was interesting and good, I was really pissed of with the FMC. Like you are an adult, say something instead of just thinking the right things to say and not saying anything at all but just standing there dumbfounded. This has been her character since she joined the royal family, loss all backbone and confidence and just have eternal post conversation comebacks in her head mid conversation. I understand why she treats Luca as an adult since he very much acts like one and technically is one but this princess IS a child who is taking on bigger problems and responsibilities because no one in this royal family talks to anyone and just repeats the problems of their parents. Please be the adult in the situation instead of saying "none of these children act like kid" yeah if everyone around them acts like a child them someone needs to be the adult.

Let me say this very important point for who ever reads this being told you are mature for your age/act like an adult is not a good thing, that maturity is trauma grow up slowly and enjoy it you get to realy only do it once. It's okay to be child like and be a child, every child in the story that acts older has trauma that makes them act that way, this is also true in life.

Like yes if the child is married than maybe the other princess won't be married off but I highly doubt that with how they are all acting. Like the FMC can say literally anything but continues never to speak up so she just instead validates the terrible behavior and actions around her, like for the love of God just tell the gramps that he is the reason his family and the kingdom hates. The whole story since the royal family arc has been people putting up with terrible behavior (then having a very good response to said behavior and not ever saying) then complaining about said terrible behavior to someone else.

sigh I know I'm ranting now but really there are so many of these situations like two princess left the royal family because they didn't want to deal with the family's bullshit, one of them even died a poor commoner because it was better than ever going back. I love and hate this series. Till the next chapter
Didn't she pretty much say why she's been acting this way, though - being perceived by the people around her as "someone who resembles ...", and the negative impact it was having on her self-image? Combine that with having much of her agency stripped away (she's not even allowed to visit the family that took her in, supported her, and brought her to the capital), even to the point where Luca is being kept in the palace rather than staying with his family (the one that he's the next head of, no less!) and it's not at all unreasonable for her to be struggling to take even fairly minor actions.

Judith also has a very strong element of . . . not imposter syndrome, because she really is an imposter; rather, she knows she's a fake and at the back of her mind is a constant fear of being found out. Sticking her neck out is scary, if doing so might result in her head being cut off.

Oh, and recall that the original story is one where basically everyone dies? And the person she fell in love with should, by rights, already be dead? And she's recently discovered that she's not the only person who knows this? It's not at all unreasonable to be extremely concerned about what might happen if she starts getting assertive and forcibly changing the course of events.

The current arc is definitely pretty frustrating, and I really wish someone would bitchslap the ex-king. But my frustration isn't with Judith - she's not being unreasonable (or unrealistic as a character), even if I think she could probably get away with being a lot more assertive than she is. My main frustration is that everyone in the royal family (that we've met so far, at least) is a reasonably decent person, but the whole family dynamic is just so totally dysfunctional, and it's frustrating having the story focusing so much time on them. And honestly, even gramps isn't a horrible person, most of the problem is that he's acting like a spoiled child, and his family is mostly allowing that . . . probably because he was the king, and he clearly still has a hell of a lot of influence, even if he's abdicated now. The worst I think you could say about any of the other members of the royal family is that they're too tied up in power plays, to the point where they're ignoring the basic human needs of the people close to them . . . which is probably not unrealistic for an actual royal family.

I definitely agree that Charlotte's situation is terrible, and she really deserves much better. I'll quote your public service announcement, because it bears repeating:
This is absolutely true, and it really needs to be understood by everyone, child and adult alike: it should never be necessary to take on responsibility for things you have no responsibility for, that you can't be responsible for. That goes doubly for children, who inherently can't be responsible for a lot of the things in their life; adults who believe it's praiseworthy for a child to try and take on adult responsibilities are horrible, terrible people.

All that said, Charlotte's actions are entirely realistic - that realism is what makes it so sad.

Didn't she pretty much say why she's been acting this way, though - being perceived by the people around her as "someone who resembles ...", and the negative impact it was having on her self-image? Combine that with having much of her agency stripped away (she's not even allowed to visit the family that took her in, supported her, and brought her to the capital), even to the point where Luca is being kept in the palace rather than staying with his family (the one that he's the next head of, no less!) and it's not at all unreasonable for her to be struggling to take even fairly minor actions.

Judith also has a very strong element of . . . not imposter syndrome, because she really is an imposter; rather, she knows she's a fake and at the back of her mind is a constant fear of being found out. Sticking her neck out is scary, if doing so might result in her head being cut off.

Oh, and recall that the original story is one where basically everyone dies? And the person she fell in love with should, by rights, already be dead? And she's recently discovered that she's not the only person who knows this? It's not at all unreasonable to be extremely concerned about what might happen if she starts getting assertive and forcibly changing the course of events.

The current arc is definitely pretty frustrating, and I really wish someone would bitchslap the ex-king. But my frustration isn't with Judith - she's not being unreasonable (or unrealistic as a character), even if I think she could probably get away with being a lot more assertive than she is. My main frustration is that everyone in the royal family (that we've met so far, at least) is a reasonably decent person, but the whole family dynamic is just so totally dysfunctional, and it's frustrating having the story focusing so much time on them. And honestly, even gramps isn't a horrible person, most of the problem is that he's acting like a spoiled child, and his family is mostly allowing that . . . probably because he was the king, and he clearly still has a hell of a lot of influence, even if he's abdicated now. The worst I think you could say about any of the other members of the royal family is that they're too tied up in power plays, to the point where they're ignoring the basic human needs of the people close to them . . . which is probably not unrealistic for an actual royal family.

I definitely agree that Charlotte's situation is terrible, and she really deserves much better. I'll quote your public service announcement, because it bears repeating:

This is absolutely true, and it really needs to be understood by everyone, child and adult alike: it should never be necessary to take on responsibility for things you have no responsibility for, that you can't be responsible for. That goes doubly for children, who inherently can't be responsible for a lot of the things in their life; adults who believe it's praiseworthy for a child to try and take on adult responsibilities are horrible, terrible people.

All that said, Charlotte's actions are entirely realistic - that realism is what makes it so sad.
Top tier response, 10/10 I hope everything you got going today goes well :D

Users who are viewing this thread