Itsuwari no Marigold - Vol. 2 Ch. 8

Dex-chan lover
oh my fucking god, u go girl!
cerp9w.PNG

Dex-chan lover
…I want the maid to punch that little twerp in the face. Leave your older sister alone!

I think her hatred is simply because she’s ableist, like most people in that household and society at the time are. She’s been taught hate so she simply reproduces it* — if even her parents do it, and don’t condone her for treating her older sister differently, then it must be ok to express this hate to a “waste of space”.

*Although I can’t argue that she doesn’t know better since she’s so young as it’s not clear whether she’s a minor or not… I have no idea how old are these people.

Dex-chan lover
Dumb option: the sister is actually a yandere siscon
Tsundere siscon, FIFY. But in seriousness, it make sense because if she knew Lily has a Kaoru's brother as pen pal, she afraid Lily would fall in love with Kaoru's brother.

Dex-chan lover
So since the half-sister makes Lily's personal business hers she might be another insight into the brother. Perhaps she made the same assumption (that the brother was being paid/blackmailed) like she did here. Which makes me wonder where that idea of being paid came from to begin with. As sus as she is... she seemed to sincerely believe that was the situation. Had someone arranged that behind Lily's back before?

Group Leader
What could possibly the sister have against her blind and ignored sister?
My guess is that bc she's the older sister, she is automatically the family heir. The younger sister is jealous of that and the fact that the older sister is blind and dependent means that she'd just get married off and have some guy become the heir. The younger sister would have that same fate too but being able-bodied and independent, she doesn't have to worry ab being in that position of having the family wealth while being so coddled, clueless, and ignorant that she'd never think of even using it.
In-before Suzu is the reason why Lily is blind!

Thank you for translations! Overall cuteness managed to soften the crazy start to an extent.
The way she keeps her eyes open suggests to me she was born that way. Otherwise, she'd probably have them closed, Idk.

Dex-chan lover
My guess is that bc she's the older sister, she is automatically the family heir. The younger sister is jealous of that and the fact that the older sister is blind and dependent means that she'd just get married off and have some guy become the heir.
I feel like if she was still the heir then the family would have already married her off or would be way more involved with her in the very least. And while they are rich and likely too proud to have Lily sent away to hide at an institution, it seems like she could fall in a pond and nobody would care.

It's more likely the younger sister got burdened with all of the families expectations, marriage demands, etc and resents Lily might get to be with who she likes regardless of their social standing. Lily is very dependent and not free in some ways, but in other ways she's been free to associate with a couple people of lower standing that she likes.

Dex-chan lover
So... What is it gonna be this time? I'm kinda feeling nostalgic so I say we kill the sister Iron Maiden style. Let me see if the spikes need some sharpening

Users who are viewing this thread