I've Become the Villainous Empress of a Novel - Ch. 45

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the translation.

Quite smart of Yulia's part to consolidate her how power and influence by taking away from the corrupt nobles.

@Istvan90623

It's true that my thoughts are that of an idealist when it comes to rulling, a ruler is a servant of the people, stepping to that position means accepting that role and becoming selfless, your people and country come before you and life. Its human extinct to want to live but I beleive being selfless is a role a ruler must accept. And of course not everyone is suited for it or capable to doing that. She was thrown into this role so Idk how to feel about her.

With "if she does anything wrong" I assumed it meant if she prioritises herself and pleasure over her people causing the country to fall into corruption and poverty with disregard to any action that's considered unethical that's done for the sake of the people and the country towards people who harmed it. I don't think Eusto (?) is that honorable and righteous of a person that he'd stand in her way if she decides to do shady things to improve and support her country. The way is see how his moral compass works is: If she does something that's only for her own benefit and pleasure and it causes harm to the country then she needs to be stopped, if she's doing something shady that harms completely innocent people even if it's for the sake of the country then she needs to be stopped, in which case I'd agree and say "it's a good thing" he's with her, because it's what I think is better for the country.

That's just my assumption, as you said, him being "nobel" and rightous is sort of a joke and we don't know the extent of it.

Thanks a lot for picking this story and for a good job! Looking forward your next translations!

Users who are viewing this thread