I've Become the Villainous Empress of a Novel - Ch. 46

ty for the chapter. so basically these nobles are agreeing to give up their noble titles, because in the long run the new ruling class is going to be hand picked by either the empress or the people they govern right?

Seriously, major Edelgard vibes going on here with these reforms. And I love it.

Dex-chan lover
@microwavey That's what I understand, It's going to be like Prussian / German Empire kind of non hereditary nobility bestowed on merit. Or maybe I like Bismarck too much. Probably both.

The more we get insight from the other characters besides Julia, the more I’m starting to expect that she has always been Julia. It seems like perhaps she had a past life or perhaps just some kind of divine intervention dropped some memories into her head. Either way, those around her remember Julia commit to a personality and even habits from before the years when she was a tyrant. Even if our protagonist was trying to “impersonate” Julia, it would be hard to keep the ticks so many of her constituents remember - for example, the gesture before dropping a bombshell that one of the nobles reminisces about in this chapter.

Had to reread twice to understand this whole chapter. Maybe someone can dumb it down for me please

Dex-chan lover
@anomalye
Indeed. I made similar guess way back that pre-drugs Julia was the same person. But the drugs and some other things shifted her core.

We don't know what caused her previous state to revert, but my guess? Either divine intervention by whomever made her reincarnate as Julia long time ago, or she did a dual reincarnation with the same body as it died from drug overdose. Either or more could be the answer.

What is weird is the complete absence of the drugs after she became the new "her" so it is quite the mystery.

Group Leader
I need to hurry, I know that kind of feeling well.

Tbh, I think the Julia we read is not "not Julia" but the real Julia. So, maybe the 1st Julia that got drugged died and reincarnate in Seoul. She went through her life in another world without remembering her past life, and when she dies she returned to her world, now with the memories from her other life because instead of reincarnating from baby, she went back to the time before her unreversable dead.

There a lot of Manhwa with that trope, with the MC actually come from the world they reincarnate because of some sort divine comedy.

Group Leader
@somaanggoro she is basically slowly pushing the empire to meritocracy. To minimize the corruption stem from hereditary title, which give possibility to incompetent successor even if the one who had the title was competent, the ruling monarch will choose a person to have a job based on their skill instead.

I'm sure later she will also push to make the emperor title to be from election instead of inheritance too.

Well, for our modern times, we know that all ruling system have many flaws. But fiction tend to romance the idea of meritocracy.

Dex-chan lover
Yulia feeling anxious me anxious as well. It's nice the people are willing to follow her, after all the corruption she's already handled it can only get better right?

they’re talking about bestowing titles on “merits but what they’re actually describing is bestowing title based on the current emperor’s favor.

I bet that all who follow her might eventually find out what heinous crime had been done on her, lel. Shes definately original julia.

She talked last chapter about possibly setting up exams to determine who deserves the positions. If she does that, it’ll end up a lot like the meritocratic system used in Imperial China, and be more insulated from the whims of an unworthy successor. Those were originally implemented for exactly the same reasons Julia names: to weaken the hereditary aristocracy and to consolidate imperial power, so it makes sense that’s what she’s aiming toward.

I don't know who that Marquise is, but I love him🥺🥺 He's like a distant, but doting uncle.🥺🥺💘👌🏼
Yulia, please don't rush things before you make a rookie mistake! Please!😩😩

Thank you so much for the chapters!!🌻💘

I agree with everybody here. I've also read other stories where the FL is reincarnated twice, once on Earth and once on her original body again, forgetting who she was until point X in the plot.
If this is what will happen, it will be interesting to see how she reacts to her past mistakes.

Of course, I'm totally fine if this won't be the case as well, I'm just curious.

Users who are viewing this thread