Iyagatteru Kimi ga Suki - Vol. 7 Ch. 39 - Practice

Dex-chan lover
Y'all are not ready for what happens in the last few chapters fr fr.
Hard disagree. 40-51 just feel like fillers with how disconnected they are from 52. There is literally 0 impact.
The ending is pretty.. unusual but nothing incredibly intense and most certainly nothing to write home about. The skip showing her full on retardation in 52 and how she ended up made sense to a certain degree but it finally did feel out of left field and fully forced to pump out a "this is wild and different!!"-shock value ending.
She did develop into that direction in the last few chapters but she was only there like 5%. Ch52 jumps to her being at 200%.

As it stands, it pretty much is the author sacrificing her to tickle the readers brain, no matter the quality of writing.
This ending could've done with 10-20 chapters more. Wouldn't feel as out of place story-timing and character wise.

Possibly a case of unfortunate axe with the desire to still wrap as intended even if it reads poorly.

every moment I open my updates tab and see a new chapter of this has been uploaded is like god's holy hands wrapping me up in a bundle of blankets whilst he stares down at me and says "my child, this gift is for you. you have survived another agonizing day, feed upon this banquet. feast well and happy."
so thanks

Fed-Kun's army
Hard disagree. 40-51 just feel like fillers with how disconnected they are from 52. There is literally 0 impact.
The ending is pretty.. unusual but nothing incredibly intense and most certainly nothing to write home about. The skip showing her full on retardation in 52 and how she ended up made sense to a certain degree but it finally did feel out of left field and fully forced to pump out a "this is wild and different!!"-shock value ending.
She did develop into that direction in the last few chapters but she was only there like 5%. Ch52 jumps to her being at 200%.

As it stands, it pretty much is the author sacrificing her to tickle the readers brain, no matter the quality of writing.
This ending could've done with 10-20 chapters more. Wouldn't feel as out of place story-timing and character wise.

Possibly a case of unfortunate axe with the desire to still wrap as intended even if it reads poorly.
I beg to differ...
The whole story develops themes of characters trying to cope with trauma by tormenting themselves into believing they enjoy it. Makoto believes that there can be no love without violence because of how he grew up. Mikoto was always lonely, which is shown through her lack of family and relations with Saki. The first time she is offered any intimacy is from the ever-sadistic Makoto. We can see in around chapter 30 how she is willing to meet other men to fill that void for intimacy. Sayuri choses to live with Mutsumi because she believes she can't live alone, the reason why isn't explicitly stated, but it's implied that living alone, or living "unprotected" has caused her problems in the past.
When Makoto broke up with Mikoto the first time, the only thing that stopped her from meeting that other guy was a supposed text from Makoto. It isn't surprising at all that she went to find other guys when he broke up with her for real. Especially not after her time spend in the hospital, where again she copes with being stabbed by believing that she enjoyed it. Not to mention that the girl already has very poor self-esteem, she doesn't have many friends looks down on everything. We see when she gets choked for the first time how it's the thought of dying that gets her off. It's makes sense that after the amount of time that is skipped from 51 to 52 that these issues haven't gotten any better for her. She life spiraled downward, which is why she was begging the men she met in 52 to kill her. She likely couldn't handle the life she was living at that point. As for the pace, it could have been better, but with what they had I think it was handled pretty well.

The tone and look of the manga has become a lot more realistic and somber as its gone on. The early chapters while having the same nightmarish content had a softer and more bubbly presentation.

I like that the mood and character designs have been keeping up with the main characters increasing comprehension of things they didn't understand or were in denial about.

Users who are viewing this thread