Izure Saikyou no Renkinjutsushi? - Ch. 46

Dex-chan lover
I'm probably being nitpicky but I'm just really curious as to why his house doesn't have any modifications for safety when his holy magic has always been mentioned with Papek mentioning it the most.

tbh this story now feels like the Goddess unintentionally created a paradox with Takumi creating that complex purification machinw that Papek seems to always mention and that the "holy" kingdom is using summoning to "get Takumi back" from his current kingdom.

Dex-chan lover
"Possibly the Most Incompetent and Stupid Achemist of All Time" has really not bothered with any form of consistency in anything throughout the series.

Supposedly, he "Can't Kill," even though it was translated as "Murder;" which means he can kill, just not when the plot says it's convenient or inconvenient.

So he can kill. But can't kill. But he can totally kill, while not killing, and while killing. Just as long as he doesn't kill while killing.
.... which is honestly just fucking retardation of the highest degree.

He can kill monsters; Kaede is a monster; he can't kill her, but he can kill her sister?

Bullshit.

I am glad, honestly, that he didn't fuck Sophia like some creepy high school "nice guy™" right after buying her and healing her; that's a great change, and would've been gross af.🤮

But walking around like the world is nothing but flowers and rainbows, when you know the Church of Eevil Naughty-Poo is making moves?
Not terribly smart, especially when you've been warned by the Great Merchants (Papek, Mulan, and CapitalMerchant), by the City Noble/County Lord, by the fucking KING, and literally being warned by THE GODDESS OF THE WORLD.

Just play along with me here for a second...

If God(ess) his/herself came down from heaven and pulled you into the realm of the gods after reincarnation, and told you that one specific group of people are likely to attack you, and then three separate people warn you that it's about to happen.... and you go acting like you're 14 years old, and mommy and daddy will make it all okay?

How absolutely fucking STUPID can a single human actually be?!

Thing is, I'm not objecting to the story, or the setting, nor the characters, nor even the reasoning for the goddess' actions; I like, understand, and even approve of all of it!
But the MC only regresses; as a character, he just keeps acting more and more like an Incompetent Child, and he acts with less and less maturity and intellect with every chapter!

There's almost no way to get in to the story, or suspend the disbelief of the reader; isekai, and fantasy in general, relies upon the reader to accept the extraordinary setting by identifying with the actions of the Main Character... and this MC is mentally 7 while physically 14... and we're supposed to buy that he was once some form of adult? Or even a human with intellectual agency?

And that is a slam-dunk for failure as a writer.

Great world-building, great story, great supporting cast.... utterly unbelievable and useless MC

I'm about to side with the Church Of Meenie-Badness and their Knights of Cydonia Sidonia; honestly, I'd be willing to bet that the idiocy of this MC is the whole reason they summoned the otherworld heroes in the first place!

If he won't change to being a marginally realistic human person, I'd want him gone, too... yeesh...

Glad that chapters 12-22 are up, and I hope my rant won't turn people off the story, if they are already enjoying it.

Dex-chan lover
Lol, the face of the two other servants as takumi and elf girl stare into other eyes...

Users who are viewing this thread