January Mega Contest Staff Judging Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Instrumentality Instigator
Staff
Super Moderator
Contest Information
Entries

Everyone, please cast your vote for the entry of your choice. Along with your vote, please say something about what compelled you to vote for the entry of your choice.

In the event of a 10 way tie, votes will be weighted by staff position:

Public Relations = 1 point
Moderator = 2 points
Developer = 2 points
Ixlone = 3 points
Holo = 5 point

@Laxx - 1 vote
@NobunagaOda - 5 votes
@IrrelevantGirl - 1 vote
@Lynia - 2 votes

Staff
Super Moderator
I'm voting for Laxx's Fat Cat found here: https://mangadex.org/thread/38101/2/#post_345911

I'm gonna be honest, I just flat out like Fat Cat because he's cutely fat (like me!) and has this aura of awesome around him as he swaggers around like he doesn't care about what anyone else thinks of his taste in manga!

rdn

Forum Admin
Staff
Developer
https://mangadex.org/thread/38101/2/#post_290926

is a Reindeer
VIP
Lynia's book cat is the most "wearable" design and while I'm not a fan of the 'Manga' being in Japanese 'cause most people can't read it, it does add to the aesthetic.

Razorea's would be lovely as a sticker, fancy.

I enjoyed all of IrrelevantGirl's entries, my favorite being the smaller version of the cat. The cat with the X ties it nicely back to our mascot, rather than just being another random cat shirt. I'd love to see this either in combination with another design with this on the front and another on the back, or maybe having this as a sticker.

cmfgeneration's 12 cats with the black cat and all the slight variations is pretty adorable

Prefer NobunagaOda's glitched out version of their first design, the Totoro pixel parody is their best though. Has our mascot/cat/name/easily recognizable anime reference/solid design, pretty much the ideal to appeal to a younger demographic. Just needs to be made larger on the shirt.

Baqly = V A P O R W A V E

Pretty tough choice. Lynia's will most likely be the more popular choice if it's ever sold but I'll vote for Oda's Totoro design more in terms of how "MangaDex" it is.

Staff
Super Moderator
@Holo has requested that I cast his vote for My Neighbor MangaDex

Staff
Super Moderator
@Teasday voted for Cat On Book but was unable to make a post in this thread.

Staff
Super Moderator
@Henny_ voted for Cat On Book but was unable to make a post in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread