Japan Sinks 2020

Group Leader
wdy think about this new show ?

I havent watch it yet, so i just really curios about it.

I've watched a review of this show and it had nothing but praises. Based on the review I think you and I should give it a shot ^^

watched the first few episodes. (it's mostly about a family surviving an apocalypse)

the animation was not my taste but it really were captivating. stopped because i feel like it was a bit predictable (?).

will watch again later.

I didn't like it one bit.

*Spoiler is coming*

Significant characters around MC are all "everyday heros" , they lay down their life for a sweet, innocent little girl who survives it all, losing half of her leg because she's so shy and considerate that doesn't want to drag down others with her injury. There are a few truly human pitiful being, but only on the sidelines. Not a single mental breakdown, they surf through every disaster like it's a fuckin' picnic. Yeah, they cry here and there, but even Haikyuu has more emotional depth. Disappointing.

@AnoOnna they address the whole lacking emotional depth thing after the first significant character dies.
Imo Japan sinks was a weird but amazing story. Only problem I could see with it was the fact that the girl gets everyone killed and acts like it wasn't her fault for majority of the story. i.e the poison and the yams

Kohler makes some neat Japanese-style sinks, though they are a bit expensive for what they are. Brand name and all that.

Users who are viewing this thread