Jaryuu Tensei - Vol. 3 Ch. 19 - Encounter

Double-page supporter
"My parents gave their life for me to escape" says the guy who just walked out of the carriage like nothing was wrong... <.<

Glad we finally got an update.

Dex-chan lover
@GodGinrai considering it feels like it is the case that theguy in the black robe may have possessed him... If anything, I wonder whether our MC will be able to recognize that and try to save him(Honestly, I don't want him to... would be brushing against the norm if he did).
Still, it could be that the kid was always eff'd up in the head.

Fed-Kun's army
thats really bullshit from the get go, 11 year old outrunning those thug while running like a wuss, mc is so quick to trust. fucking kid

That kid is definitely possessed as they wouldn’t kill everyone else and then leave him alive. Its likely the dragon cult hunters, or whatever they were called, targetting the mc and using the fact that people are typically less guarded against a child as their strategy.

Double-page supporter
@Boomburst Honestly, if the kid has been possessed, (I first thought that as well) then it is pretty bad writing that the MC, an all-powerful dragon, didn't notice there was something off about the kid's aura or something.

@Gotim18 You don't know that for sure. For all you know, he could be some other kind of creature or something and killed mister tentacle-hands when he went into the carriage.

Dex-chan lover
@GodGinrai
"pretty bad writing" isn't that how this manga is called?
-
So that brat is deceiving them, that lil fuck.

Dex-chan lover
Here we go. The cliche "Good guys are bad guys, because appearances" trope. Another arc that could and would totally be avoided had the assailants have said anything other than typical thug phrases.
This would be a lot more enjoyable if it wasn't trying to be so ambiguous.

Double-page supporter
I can't tell which kind of bad writing this godawful manga is.
A) The kind that's self aware, abusing generic cliches and popular fads for the money
or
B) The shitty fanfiction level of manga which genuinely thinks it's decent
Considering this dreadful art, and impressively stupid characters and events I'm going to guess B.

I'm getting tired of this, it's been feeling like the MC and his companions are on the sidelines while the main action is always somewhere else.

Dex-chan lover
"They call themselves... Sin Executioners!!"

Oooohhh, was that meant to impress us, or is it satire of some sort? It's so bad I truly can't tell. May as well call themselves, "The Vegans".

@GodGinrai its possible but unlikely as the kid doesn’t act like a kid a few times and his parents are definitely dead when he walked out. Its possible the mc does know that something is off and that’s why he got involved, like knowingly walking into a trap so you can turn the hunter into the hunted. Or its just not within his skill set to detect that, he may be very powerful but that doesnt mean he can do everything.

Contributor
I feel like they could have omitted page 4 so we won't suspect the child being already in control or something (if that was the case).

@Vasqueztion they could be the henchmen of someone who noticed something was off about the kid and sent them after him in which case they are just following orders and aren’t really the good guys.

They really should not have shown page 4. Why spoil who the enemy really is at the start of the arc. What's the point? It just destroyed the whole arc for me. Unless it's a double twist.

I just hope that the "background story" was there to simply mislead readers. And actually, there's more to it.

Dex-chan lover
is it that hard to shout, "it killed the kid and wears their skin" or whatever to clarify things rather than just random threats?

Double-page supporter
No, see, this is Fon-Fon:

3633187-layfon.gif

This is one of his Waifu's:

tumblr_nq84c2Glsn1upshazo1_500.gif

2B8.gif

tumblr_o0g15sMAad1tgirzgo3_500.gif

And this is his posse:

chrome-shelled-regios-wallpapers-25786-6314666.jpg

6231455-0202327713-Chrom.jpg

You, however, are just a plot device, a cheap one at that.

Users who are viewing this thread