Jashin-chan Dropkick - Vol. 8 Ch. 92 - An Angel's Pride

Dex-chan lover
Is it me, or is this manga always trying to tell me that the world is cruel to good people?

Dex-chan lover
@SuperOniichan well yeah that's pretty much the point. Everything is backwards. Except for Jashin and Pekora. Angels are as bad as devils, devils are good natured or even angelic (Medusa), and humanity's base line is "despicable." And well, Yurine is just Yurine, good to good people and vicious to bad people.

Dex-chan lover
@urtoast I understand that this manga has always made fun of toxic people, but I could not help but notice that the author loves to make sad jokes about pure characters like Medusa or Pecora, especially in those moments when they realize that their friends are assholes, but they cannot doesn't care about them.

Dex-chan lover
@urtoast I understand that this manga has always made fun of toxic people, but I could not help but notice that the author loves to make sad jokes about pure characters like Medusa or Pecora, especially in those moments when they realize that their friends are assholes, but they cannot doesn't care about them.
Start writing stories, if you do, you will eventually notice that you pull similar thing (though probably not as viciously) to good natured characters? Why? Because seeing someone good fail, but refuse to give up and become a worse person is inspiring and makes you go "that's my boy/girl"

Anyways, the probable reason why they are bullying her so much is so the rare scenes where she isn't suffering hit a lot harder than they otherwise would.

Dex-chan lover
Start writing stories, if you do, you will eventually notice that you pull similar thing (though probably not as viciously) to good natured characters? Why? Because seeing someone good fail, but refuse to give up and become a worse person is inspiring and makes you go "that's my boy/girl"

Anyways, the probable reason why they are bullying her so much is so the rare scenes where she isn't suffering hit a lot harder than they otherwise would.
Oh, that's understandable. This is one of the reasons why Pecora is my favorite character, even more than Minos and Jashin. It's just that sometimes it stands out too much against the general background.

Users who are viewing this thread