Jibaku Shounen Hanako-kun - Vol. 14 Ch. 67 - Sumire (Part 2)

Aggregator gang
Akane and the Minamoto, that explains the interaction between aoi and Minamoto-senpai some chapters ago, they relations goes waaaay back in the past. Funny how the Minamoto's should have been the one who eradicate yokai and the like but they also supported the act of sacrifice where it has the chance of turning someone into a vengeful spirit 😬 poor past akane's :(( i always feel sad with a manga story that has the sacrifices thing like this one, they have a way ahead of long life and yet the villagers cut their life off

Every chapter makes me squeal at Hananene interaction! From Hanako protecting Nene as she sleeps, to him sweeping Nene off her feet to protect her! 😍😍😍

Dex-chan lover
@Karakuri1812 A sacrifice is to gain the protection of a god and to avoid their wrath. The boundary between god and yokai is kind of blur but gods are way more powerful than ordinary yokai. The must be a reason why the Minamoto support the sacrifice practice rather than turning someone into a vengeful spirit.

So my theory:
pretty sure sumire is aoi's grandma?? I remember the story mentioning her grandma a few chapters back. I think sumire somehow escaped the whole ordeal and have a life of her own and the sumire they're meeting is like... a fragment of her soul or something based on no. 6 wish/regret?
And a theory re: how this connect to the overarching story:
a foreshadow to tsukasa being hanako's yorishiro, but maybe tsukasa's just a fragment of hanako's wish/regret too, probably mirrowing no. 6's
. Anyway these are just theories lol i'm looking forward to the answers

A theory.
since both sumire and aoi(ao chan) is of the same family does that mean the same sacrificial practice is still going on. I kind of doubt it but since ghosts/yokai and stuff does exist in this manga they might still be doing this. So perharps Aoi was also supposed to be sacrificed hence the strange behaviour from her ?

Also we're getting spoiled with the Hananene interactions these recent chapters.(not complaining tho). It's been a while since it was just two of them.It's the kind of ship that make you feel happy with just the tiniest bit of interactions.

this series is at its best when either hanako or nene are at the focus imo. I'd fallen out of love with this manga for a while and I find the chapters about kou or mitsuba or anyone else kind of a bore, but this chapter rekindled my love. and the art was breathtaking, I just sat and stared at page 28 for like a minute

I'm so happy for this new Chapter, it's like I get a gift every month, and even July 18th is my birthday lol I can't wait😔👏👏👏👏👏👏

@verysurprisedowl That's my theory too. Except for the part where sumire lifes, cause from the look of that last memory it doesn't seems to be the case. Also, I'd doubt she could be Aoi's grandma, 'cause that village look pretty feudal japan and for her to be her grandma it should be at least the interbellum period (tasogare otome X amnesia anyone?) Also, for no. 6's regret and remorse to be so powerful to make her a yorishiro, something horrible must'he happened. Same with Hanako.
Somehow, the idea of Tsukasa living along his life happy while his brother is dead and haunted by the evil side/bit of him hurts me in ways I can't describe. Thou, what if Tsukasa does live, and he does because Hanako sacrificed himself to take his madness away, kind of like a deal with a god and the price was to forever fight his little brother?

Users who are viewing this thread