Jii-san To Baa-san Wakagaeru - Vol. 4 Ch. 86 - Balance

Dex-chan lover
What saddens me is that I've met a lot of people who disagree with this kind of mentality. I remember getting into an argument about this sort of thing in the YouTube comments, and it was pretty distressing to see that "women should do all the chores" is still a prevalent line of thought.
Most people saying that "women should do all the chores" say that they think so only when the woman is a housewife and the man work.
If you're logical and want an "equal" relationship it is logical to think like them.
If the dude work 8 to 10h and his wife dont work it's logical to expect that she would cook, do the cleaning and other chore. People asking men that work to, on top of this, do half of the chore make no sense at all.
You're literaly asking one of the two to do 75% of the work but the other to only do 25%, and you want to call this "equality"?

Edit : To top all of this, all people who think like this also think that men should do all the heavy lifting and do all the chore related to maintaining the house and maintaining all the "exterior" of the house...

Dex-chan lover
Most people saying that "women should do all the chores" say that they think so only when the woman is a housewife and the man work.
If you're logical and want an "equal" relationship it is logical to think like them.
If the dude work 8 to 10h and his wife dont work it's logical to expect that she would cook, do the cleaning and other chore. People asking men that work to, on top of this, do half of the chore make no sense at all.
You're literaly asking one of the two to do 75% of the work but the other to only do 25%, and you want to call this "equality"?

Edit : To top all of this, all people who think like this also think that men should do all the heavy lifting and do all the chore related to maintaining the house and maintaining all the "exterior" of the house...
I'm going to stop you right there.

Every relationship has their own balance that needs to be worked out between the two in them. What you think is logical has no bearing in anyone else's relationship except your own. I admit I wasn't quite clear in my initial post, but the reason I disliked the line of thought I discussed before is because those men I argued with showed no indication of communicating with their current or future partner.

Taq

Dex-chan lover
...I don't think we are getting any tragedy or something. Not really the type that this series is
I don't expect hamfisted tragedy, oh no. I expect something much worse: A bittersweet ending in which they accept their time is ending and pass on happily. I don't have enough tears for that eventuality.

Dex-chan lover
I don't expect hamfisted tragedy, oh no. I expect something much worse: A bittersweet ending in which they accept their time is ending and pass on happily. I don't have enough tears for that eventuality.
Isn't that something they accepted already? The wife even felt glad that they could still flip back to their old self because the thought of out lived their children and even their grandchildren are too much for them to bare. Go read the chapter when the husband was first turned back, after he saw that the sand inside the hourglass was still trickling down and told his wife both of them felt relieved for that. Seeking eternal youth has never been their goal

Taq

Dex-chan lover
Oh, sorry. I didn't mean an "inevitability of death" sort of thing. I meant a more immediate "it's been fun, time to pass on" ending. It's the stories where people go into the light happily and fulfilled that hit be the hardest. That and, uh...sad dads, but I don't expect that to be a factor here.

Dex-chan lover
It mean my guy still got an enormous amount of rizz even when he is old
But in seriousness, I don't think we are getting any tragedy or something. Not really the type that this series is
We're definitely gonna get some drama at the very least, but that's just so the continued comedy doesn't get stale lol

Dex-chan lover
The more i read this further from this current arc.... the more it makes me feel a bit of depress seeing wife of the mc who just transported into the present day without a long memory of the relationship.... it feels like you're talking a amnesia wife and she look at you as a stranger.... kinda heartbroken

Dex-chan lover
The more i read this further from this current arc.... the more it makes me feel a bit of depress seeing wife of the mc who just transported into the present day without a long memory of the relationship.... it feels like you're talking a amnesia wife and she look at you as a stranger.... kinda heartbroken
Now that you said this...isn't this exactly a metaphor for that but more cheerful and hopeful?

Dex-chan lover
sadly lots of schizophrenia old couple experienced that, most sad is if it's only one of them have that and the other couple keep reminding them everyday who they are

Users who are viewing this thread