Jiisama ga Iku - Ch. 18 - Oldman and the Tea Party

Aggregator gang
Since when was he looking for a mount? kinda feel smth is wrong there. Otherwise nice mtl, can barely tell that it's mtl when a person who actually knows english edits it.

Dex-chan lover
Page 1 : "Jesse, what the fuck are you talking about ?"
Since when did this polite grandpa express himself this way ?! No sir, that doesn't fit his character.

Group Leader
Page 1 : "Jesse, what the fuck are you talking about ?"
Since when did this polite grandpa express himself this way ?! No sir, that doesn't fit his character.
It's hilarious as fuck though. It's like DevilArtemis' version of Master Roshi possessed him for a moment.

Dex-chan lover
It's hilarious as fuck though. It's like DevilArtemis' version of Master Roshi possessed him for a moment.

Hilarious ? No, it feels out of place.
=> And I don't see how this Devil Artemis video is relevant here. You're just making it even more awkward.
I'd rather we stick with the OG translation.

Group Leader
Hilarious ? No, it feels out of place.
=> And I don't see how this Devil Artemis video is relevant here. You're just making it even more awkward.
I'd rather we stick with the OG translation.
It's not part of the chapter at all, it's just an edited cut of panels used for the translator's credit page.

Dex-chan lover
It's not part of the chapter at all, it's just an edited cut of panels used for the translator's credit page.
I know it's not ! What I mean is that I don't see the connection between the video you added and the weird speech used for the old grandpa's dialect.

Dex-chan lover
Machine translation or not, at least take the time to ask yourself whether the MTL output makes sense. On page 14 of this chapter, the old man is talking about 針 (hari), which is translated as "needles". But the context makes it clear that the meaning of 針 here is "hooks". Same word in Japanese, but two different translated meanings.

Dex-chan lover
Machine translation or not, at least take the time to ask yourself whether the MTL output makes sense. On page 14 of this chapter, the old man is talking about 針 (hari), which is translated as "needles". But the context makes it clear that the meaning of 針 here is "hooks". Same word in Japanese, but two different translated meanings.
But... Hooks are but bent needles.. or nails.. or light rebar... :p

Honestly, i'm already happy enough with an MTL who produces actual legible english, and not something you classically find in badly translated technical manuals..

Users who are viewing this thread