Jishou Akuyaku Reijou na Konyakusha no Kansatsu Kiroku - Vol. 4 Ch. 22

Dex-chan lover
But still something wrong with that bird though, Idk why a MC would have something like that (Story wise (as in the game))
Would make more sense if the abilities for the dark one to be able to brainwash and the light one to neglect that effect (Game Wise)
Based on what Cecil and Bertia thought earlier in the story, it's not really brainwashing ability. It's more to a misuse of existing ability, like how many isekai characters got their cheat skill out of "junk skills" by combining and using it outside what's written in the manual.

The light element heal, and provide comfort (in RPG, that is probably something like increasing morale, or healing mental abnormal status such as panic, confusion, etc).
But when used in normal situation and in prolonged period, it can become addictive as being separated from it caused a feeling of loss (being suddenly dragged out of a comfort zone)

@xxlv It was implied in the early chapters that the bird uses 'charm magic' towards the targets, it's in ch 5.
so in here, Cecil is under the bird's spell. he didn't feel love towards heronia but it's 'euphoria'.

@mahtan well she also might have "known" but not "understood" what it was really doing like "oh light spirits help to nurture the love between people" or something like that.

@rluka I understand the ability is not bad in itself, however the way it was made to work in this story just makes it seem like if it were using and getting someone addicted drugs. in itself its a good ability befitting of a MC, but the way they don't add limiters to it just turns it into something horrible or maybe im just wrong and the bird isn't actually at fault since the "owner" can't control its power (I don't think it ever specifies if Heronia can actually control/command the bird so idk if all the fault actually goes to her or the bird)

Aggregator gang
I knew this is the actual storyline and all, but man it is boring. I wont buy a otome game with that bitch protagonist on it.

Dex-chan lover
What concern me is Cecil inner monologue, he refer Heronia and Bertia as 'toy', he doesnt even know what his real feelings are and its like he is in a state of confusion. Meanwhile in the real story he has a chance to weight his own feelings and slowly became capable to understand it.

Double-page supporter
Phew really interesting, but for some reason this was very hard to read. But I think thanks to this Cecil will have some distinction for his real feelings. Hoping he'd break out of this spell soon

Thanks for the chapter!

Aggregator gang
Good thing I ended up reading the novel a couple chapters ago because waiting a long time only to get THIS would've been absolutely awful. Thanks for translating though.

So i think in both stories i think bertia deserves better. basically the original plot her father became evil for the grudge he help against the royal family which in all case is something anyone should be heartbroken over like damn that was a shit move for the king and the prince

"Don't Care Didn't Ask, Already Know" arc. Why would the author bother showing us this, we basically already knew what happened on the original timeline lmao this is such a waste of an interesting idea. Imagine being a Japanese school girl waiting one month for an update just to get a retelling of the story that you already knew. I wish this would end fast.

I know that if this was in a different manga with them as the main characters it could actually feel fine but knowing everything behind it plus destroying the Bertia we all know and love is just so heartbreaking that I really didn’t like this chapter.

ugh seeing her try to rewrite the stories history is making me gag. lets get this stupid loop over with so we can see the plot denial twist back to how things should be!!

Fed-Kun's army
Tbh, the real heroine was kinda cute but hell nah am I approving the druggy route.
It was fun seeing this illustrated, wakey wake now, Prince Cecil.
Thanks for the translation and high quality pages!

Dex-chan lover
@Grumpyfelo Real Bertia goes to great lengths to maintain her appearance as the villainous beauty. Dream Bertia is villainous but does it without effort so she remains plump Bertia.

Users who are viewing this thread