Jitsu wa Imouto Deshita. ~Saikin de Kitagiri no Otouto no Kyorikan ga Yatara Chikaiwake~ - Vol. 3 Ch. 12

Dex-chan lover
Realistically?

I think that if it did happen, the parents would be shocked at first...

...But they'd come to accept it pretty quickly.

Yeah, even Akira's biological father.

And then the low-key scramble as they set about making sure that the family registers don't show the two of them as being brother and sister. Which is probably doable if Akira is never formally adopted by the stepfather.

That's actually kind of a thing in Japan. If you're the second wife of a man, particularly if it was after him having divorce (as opposed to being a widower) and he already has a child from the previous marriage, then he's under no obligation to support your child from your previous marriage.

Granted, that's considered to be a pretty dickish thing to pull, but I can also imagine there'd be certain situations where people would be like, "...Oh. Well. In that case..."

This could be one of those cases - where the stepdaughter held off on being adopted by her stepfather because she was worried about being accepted... only to find love in her stepbrother, so why complicate things further by going through with the adoption?

Dex-chan lover
Realistically?

I think that if it did happen, the parents would be shocked at first...

...But they'd come to accept it pretty quickly.

Yeah, even Akira's biological father.

And then the low-key scramble as they set about making sure that the family registers don't show the two of them as being brother and sister. Which is probably doable if Akira is never formally adopted by the stepfather.

That's actually kind of a thing in Japan. If you're the second wife of a man, particularly if it was after him having divorce (as opposed to being a widower) and he already has a child from the previous marriage, then he's under no obligation to support your child from your previous marriage.

Granted, that's considered to be a pretty dickish thing to pull, but I can also imagine there'd be certain situations where people would be like, "...Oh. Well. In that case..."

This could be one of those cases - where the stepdaughter held off on being adopted by her stepfather because she was worried about being accepted... only to find love in her stepbrother, so why complicate things further by going through with the adoption?
If i remember correctly, doesn't she also still keep her biological father's family name?

Dex-chan lover
just say you love your cute sibling you fucking loser

Dex-chan lover
My god She's so cute and down bad for her brother, kinda sweet actually.
I think I'll be able to be at peace with it the further we get from chapter 5, where she switched up into her current "little devil" persona four whole panels after the declaration that she wanted to be like they were prior to his discovering she was a girl.

Sickly Senpai
Staff
Super Moderator
Shy lost kitten in the streets, bratty tomboy in the sheets at home. :smug:

Aggregator gang
Hinata is going to get sick, then these two will play Romeo and Juliet. Calling it right now, and I swear to god if it goes that direction I might actually drop this, that's just TOO cliche.

Dex-chan lover
Anyone else think there may be something going on between the other brother and sister? Maybe that's why Ueda is always pushing his sister to Ryota because he wants to divert her attention.
The blood related sub-plot. I see

Fed-Kun's army
why, why, why can't there be at least one step-sibling story where the characters grow close, but not romantically or sexually? why is there no distinction between the many different kinds of love and even physical intimacy that are possible, and lust (ok, this hasn't reached that point yet, but it seems the mc more or less gave up and agreed it will eventually)?

it's a bit sad this is going straight for the cliche step-siblings romance route after the great start where they defied (or at least delayed) that expectation so well. would've been good if they agreed and at least tried - or even succeeded - to keep a "brotherly" relationship with each other, and little by little overcome the anxiety of the gender difference and other obstacles, until the "final boss" obstacle - seeing each other romantically involved with 3rd parties. suddenly reverting to a "someday marry me" plus just keeping up normal sibling appearances for the parent's sake plot was surprising, and a bit disappointing.

also akira's character being so aggressive at home really doesn't match well with her usual anxiety... i know her change, somewhat forced by the brother, was a big point of the earlier chapters, but this end result's still too sudden. like, right after the bathroom incident she was forcing herself to act like that and enjoying the revenge of seeing him feel the awkwardness that he unknowingly made her feel before. but now she doesn't even seem like she's acting or forcing herself, she's just like a completely different person.

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
Wait a fucking minute

1. Acted in his youth
  2. Has bad memories related to acting
  3. Blond-haired
  4. Edgy personality
  5. Siblings close in age
  6. Sister is continuing to act
Aqua and Ruby????!!! Oh god... they wouldn't...

Users who are viewing this thread