Jitsu wa Ryouomoi Kamo Shirenai Onee-san to Chuusan Danshi no Hanashi

Group Leader
Why is this tagged as doujinshi?? Sure it's not a mainstream publication, but I thought the doujin tag in mangadex is specificall for derivative and parody works?? 🤔

Dex-chan lover
Onee-sans are good, but not when they romance little shotas.

That said, this guy is what? 15-16 years old? She's what, 18-19?

@RedInACup
The guy looks more like he's in the mid-teens than a shota. =/

@nahui3
Except it's not a genderswap, and you're still a criminal for being a lolicon. Off to jail you go. :mad:

U a big fucking dummy. also thank u for translations. this seems like its gonna be a great series

@phil777 I wouldn't call him a shota considering he's only like 2 years younger? It's like you said, she's something like 18/19 while he's 16/17, the age difference isn't that significant. I always thought Shota's were like 12/13 in comparison. Now that would be awkward unless this was a
hentai.

Dex-chan lover
@SirTropical
I did not say he was a shota. That was my initial assessment, but after reading a few chapters, I've revised it.

@SirTropical, it's easy to figure out. Onee-san is of drinking age, i.e, at least 20 in Japan, while protag-kun is a 3rd year middle schooler, which in the japanese system is 3rd year junior highschool, which is equivalent to ninth grade, aka protag-kun is 15 or 16 at max. So there's a four year age-gap at minimum, probably 5 years in actuality since most ninth graders become 15 during ninth grade.

@narunatsu1 Ahh okay I see, although, wouldn't it be seen as morally dubious at worst since the age of consent in Japan is radically different than what is the norm in the west? I know that the general age of consent is 13, though some regions in Japan forbid any form of activity being taken between someone who's under 18.

So if Onee-San was 'attracted' (I say this in quotations because she's just trying to rope him into doing something with Kubo since she (the oneesan) can clearly see that the two are crushing on each other) to Protag-kun, it wouldn't be "illegal" per say, just a really morally odd pill to swallow.

@SirTropical age of consent being 13 in Japan is a misconception. On a federal level, the law states that no individual prefecture may set the age of consent to below 13. It also acts as a separator between crimes related to children, juveniles and adults, and the related legalese of the trials of such individuals. It by no means says that the age of consent across japan is 13. In fact, in most places in Japan, age of consent is 16-18, with some outliers where it is 20. This is because of local laws relating to corruption of minors/obscenity laws, which clearly state the age of consent. There is a certain component of having a 'sincere romantic relationship', which basically means that with parental consent, individuals between the age of 13-18(14,15,16,17) can engage in sexual activities, but it's scope is limited to those individuals only and it is still heavily frowned upon for anyone to be having sex with a 13, or even 14 year old. Anyone above 18 cant dip down to 13-18 range, even with parental consent, not to mention that this parental consent thing isn't applicable to a lot of places, Tokyo being a prime example, where consent is 18+ only.

So yeah, if onee-san and protag-kun fucked before he was 18(or 20 in some cases), it would be illegal, not just morally dubious.

I myself don't particularly mind if onee-san and protag-kun had sex while he was 16 or 17 even, because of their relationship as childhood friends. If they were strangers, you could say that onee-san would be taking advantage of him, or there was some sort of power-dynamic beneficial to only one of them, that would be morally dubious as well, buuuuuutttt, since we as an audience have direct insight into the mutually demonstrated feelings of love and affection shred between the two, as well as the fact that they have known each other for a long time, and onee-san isn't a use and throw kind of person, like the sensei from meguro-san, who actually was a piece of trash, I don't see much moral dubiousness here(I am from the UK so age of consent is actually 16 here).

@narunatsu1 I never knew that, thanks for clearing it up!

As for onee-san and protag-kun, I'm hoping that their relationship is taken a look at from an outside perspective. I think it'd be really nice to see how others view their relationship and what their thoughts are on it to help solidify the relationship that both of them have.

Its sad that this author makes only doujinshi. It will be really nice if the author had a long running serialised manga

Users who are viewing this thread