JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Part 6: Stone Ocean (Official Colored) - Vol. 17 Ch. 158 - What a wonderful world

Well this was one hell heaven of a ride. Just as Lpopo4lyfe below, I came to read this part right after the end of the Golden Wind anime. I haven't really read manga and it was hard to get used to reading from right to left, the coloring seemed very cartoonish at first and the entire first half seemed really boring and dragged out at first but HOOOOLY JESUS it picked up fast once they escaped prison and I'm so glad I stuck around.

Pucci is literally Thanos, driven by his beliefs he makes sacrifices, persists to the end and fucks up the universe, which is amazing, even if it doesn't make any sense.

I would have loved to see Giorno come in and fuck Pucci up in the end, but in my opinion Weather Report using Pucci's own ability to come back and bite him in the ass is a much more deserving fate for him. As he said to Jotaro, your own bloodline can be your demise.

When this part gets animated I am sure it will get the recognition it deserves. Thank you, Araki.

This was my first reading of a JoJo part, being anime-only before. The unfulfilled tease of Giorno being in Florida is fresh in my mind, but oh well. I guess Emporio will keep quiet about a parallel universe and just be happy he sort of got his friends back. Overall I liked the part.

Now it is time to start reading the colored Part 7. I'm guessing the next two parts take place in this new universe since I think there are arguments if 7 & 8 are canon and whether if they will get anime adaptations. I am eager to find out.

I truly did enjoy this part. Definitely has most of my favorite stands out of any part, and the ending has really thrown me for a loop. I’m just so damn sad now man.

Damn, I get what the author was going for but it really makes no damn sense. Overall I liked this part a lot though.

I don't really get how any of this new universe stuff works out but I'm glad that the gang (except Foo Fighters, rip) met up again in the new universe. Great part.

EDIT: Actually, I think I get it. In the new universe Emporio ends up at in this chapter, he's taken to the moment that the original universe was reset. At this point in the new universe, he happens to meet up with the new universe's versions of Jolyne, Hermes, Anasui, and Weather Report due to them being fated to cross paths as Pucci puts it. And they're different because they died during the creation of the new universe. I think? Please correct me if you have a better understanding of the way this new universe works out.

You know.... I really don't understand why lots of dudes bash on this part, because the story and ending were actually pretty good. Jolyne is such a cool Jojo, like.... I love this chic.
Overall, I'm ranking it as a really good read, maybe not my favorite part, but in the top 3.
Thank you Araki, as well as the team who translated this!

so iraki just threw everything away. emporio is the only remnant of the past world. jonathan and all the joestars did what they did for what. what was the point.

Fed-Kun's army
So everyone in the Stone Ocean gang is gone. Except for Emporio. Dang. Everyone and everything else is fine.

It was a good read. I hope Part 9 continues in the Ireneverse. I wonder if any of the previous part’s characters will ever come back though.

I love this type of ending -- the kind that's not just cut-and-dried. Is this new universe truly preferable to Pucci's ideal version? Can the cast actually be considered alive as they were in the original universe, or are they essentially different people? Is there a "new" Pucci and a "new" Dio, who are fated to meet under different circumstances?

Whether this is ever expanded upon or not, I think this part has been amazing for what it is. It's great to see Araki evolve and try new, wacky things, even though it may lead to controversy. I'm certain that parts 7 and 8, as well as any future work, won't fail to impress me.

Holy crap this was amazing.

Also, fun fact. Araki confirmed that Joseph Joestar was left unaffected by Over Heaven

Users who are viewing this thread