JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 7 - Steel Ball Run (Official Colored) - Vol. 3 Ch. 16 - The Desert Born Outlaws Part 2

Dex-chan lover
still don't totally understand how the abilities work in this universe. are the users not aware of the abilities? it seemed like Gyro was pretty lost even though he has an ability himself. it's like niche versions of Stands. i was getting kinda tired of Stand powers in previous parts (it always seems like "time" ends up being an ability) so it would be neat if it was just small abilities like these where it's not totally overpowered

Fed-Kun's army
spin is obviously not a stand ability, it's like hamon. from what im guessing, gyro and johnny dont know anything about stands, like the original universe, but will learn pretty soon and hopefully get their own

Fed-Kun's army
What is Araki's fixation with stuffing your ear into your earhole?? First with Giorno and now with Andre lol. Anyway, Andre got that Erwin Smith treatment I see... a rock straight through the side lol

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Dex-chan lover
As Gyro can actually see that stand, I'll take the spin as a stand ability but it can be related to hamon as hamon makes energy and energy is just vibration and vibrations can make things spin...

@owlette But it's going like every other part in this matter. None of the stand users have time related abilities, only the vilainss of each parts + Jotaro (at the end of part 3 though, so it doesn't change my point that time related abilities are extremly rare and that you can only encounter them at the end of the previous parts). Just like in every other parts (since part 3) every other characters don't have an overpowered ability, they are just like the one introduced in this chapter.
You comment made it seems like all of the stand's fights weren't well balanced because of overpowered abilities, that is the contrary that is true, and that makes the JoJo's fights so interesting.
In my opinion, the only thing thats differs with this part is the extremly slow pace of the beginning, nothing happened until the 13th or so chapter. And I find the running thing boring. Well, to be honest, I'm not a fan of the USA, the cow-boys, the Far West theme". In the previous part they were Jolyne, Jotaro and Pucci that made Stone Ocean great. It didn't bothered me that much that the plot took place in the USA thanks to them. However, I don't find any really interesting and intriguing character in this part. it's the first time since I started JoJo that I want skip a part, but I shall continue it, because I'm of the opinion that you can't skip one of JoJo's part unless you have the time skipping ability 😂

A stand that can manipulate iron in the victim's blood... Hmmmmmmmmm

So this is the first real stand attack that we're getting. I assume Gyro or Johnny have stands but don't know what they are yet? Or do they get stands. We'll see.

Fed-Kun's army
First stand and its like a mix of Risotto and that magnet chick from part 3

Users who are viewing this thread