JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 8 - JoJolion - Vol. 17 Ch. 67 - The Plant Appraiser - Mamezuku Rai (31) Part 2

~GUEH~

I always like the moment when, after the menacing aura from the mysteriousness of an fatal unseen threat finally appears and reaches its climax, it suddenly dissipates once you hear them yelp in pain. For all the great stands can do, they're ultimately chained to the physical limitation of us enlightened monki bois, and often to some people's moral failings as well, as seen by people like tamaki damo, who for rather selfish and short-sighted reasons, dedicate their awesome abilities to the ends of pretty much only helping the self and making the moneys. Reminds me of how in the original universe, when we finally learn about how the stand arrows were created, they were really just made since some dude wanted to "acquire the power of gods" from some space rocks, and all it did was give people who wanted more power just that, but again only for self interests. Those same people would also end up dead(or even worse!), just like everyone else so their thirst for power really ended up fucking them over anyhow. Given all that power they still fought for rather lame and self interested goals, that, even with people like Pucci and F. Valentine, who championed they were doing it for the "greater good", failed to realize how their own reasoning was biased, since their idea of good was framed from their own personal lives, and had no authority or right to change reality as they saw fit for all others, or how they thought it should fit, in accordance to their beliefs. Is it fate they lose? Karma? Mere chance? They all possess "strong wills", but they are oh so unfortunately woefully misguided. Speaking for the meta, it's all so Araki can explore such themes, and only he "knows", but it's up to the reader to decide for themselves. I'm probably stating the obvious for others, but writing stuff out really helps in keeping it organized so yeh.

In the end, all this rambling is to say I appreciate Araki's efforts in writing a manga with such themes, while still having art that has continually improved, and protagonists and supporting characters that have evolved rather nicely into people who can work towards the greater good, but are similarly working towards their own goals, while knowing the limits they can't cross or shouldn't.

he kinda suck at drawing feet tho. they do be hard to draw

Also, I realized that JoJo having been a shounen anime probably meant there had to be fighting, but it's still pretty cool to see Araki transform it into what it is now

Yasuho is ZOOOMING. There is no stopping this woman.

Also call me basic but im starting to miss the punchout, "aggressively talk it out" duels of previous parts that JoJolion had almost none of. It's almost exclusively long-range stands.
I suppose it fits this part's investigative theme, but still, I hope finale will deliver a cool classic duel.

oh I think I've seen these characters somewhere, I presumed they were in the newer chapters like 100

Users who are viewing this thread