JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 9 - The JOJOLands - Ch. 12 - His Name Is "Charmingman"

Dex-chan lover
Interesting, we got a backstory for this new guy already! And we're now progressing past the original theft.
But, indeed, who is the landowner? And how did Rohan know to go to the private property? Does he know the owner, or did he break in too?
Knowing Rohan, and judging by his method to detect the "active" Lava Rocks...
I bet he was just throwing money around and seeing where it falls.

Am I the only one who found out the guy's "skin condition" and didn't think it was a meaningless fake-out by Araki? I think it could very well hint that this guy has rock human ancestry, or perhaps lost memories past a certain point to where he doesn't realize it himself.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Kojima-ass naming. I wonder if the cats are his after all, and where are they.

Araki has written cops as assholes since Part 2. He probably got pulled over and got a ticket he thought was bull when he was young just like most of the ACAB people.
To be fair, Part 2 took place in the 30s (well before the Civil Rights Movement), Part 5 took place from the perspective of the mafia (with a character introspection on police corruption on an individual level), and Part 6 was in Florida.

Can't speak for what Hawaiian police are like today though.

Dex-chan lover
To be fair, Part 2 took place in the 30s (well before the Civil Rights Movement), Part 5 took place from the perspective of the mafia (with a character introspection on police corruption on an individual level), and Part 6 was in Florida.

Can't speak for what Hawaiian police are like today though.
1930s police actually did have higher standards for their officers. It was a huge deal in the UK and US at the time. Uncorrupt and just police officers were something that the Brits and Americans were very proud of and liked to brag about to other nations at the time (Germany, Soviets, etc).

I think what is most likely is that Araki, being a foreigner, listened to a bunch of songs from the 1960s, 70s, and 80s where hippies complained about the big meanie cops and the awful no good system (that they were trying to overthrow) and he took it at face value. The type of music he references tend to be from the likes of the Beatles, Rolling Stones, and etc, and they're very anti-liberal progressives. Not a lot of Lynyrd Skynyrd, Ramones, Alice Cooper, Meatloaf, or Iron Maiden appear in his works, and likely not in his playlists either. Araki more than likely just hates the police for political reasons.

Dex-chan lover
Knowing Rohan, and judging by his method to detect the "active" Lava Rocks...
I bet he was just throwing money around and seeing where it falls.
True, and I suppose it's foolish to wonder if he did or didn't pay the owner. The guy's throwing money around! XD

1930s police actually did have higher standards for their officers. It was a huge deal in the UK and US at the time. Uncorrupt and just police officers were something that the Brits and Americans were very proud of and liked to brag about to other nations at the time (Germany, Soviets, etc).

I think what is most likely is that Araki, being a foreigner, listened to a bunch of songs from the 1960s, 70s, and 80s where hippies complained about the big meanie cops and the awful no good system (that they were trying to overthrow) and he took it at face value. The type of music he references tend to be from the likes of the Beatles, Rolling Stones, and etc, and they're very anti-liberal progressives. Not a lot of Lynyrd Skynyrd, Ramones, Alice Cooper, Meatloaf, or Iron Maiden appear in his works, and likely not in his playlists either. Araki more than likely just hates the police for political reasons.
He hasn't portrayed a japanese cop in a bad light though if I remember correctly.

Dex-chan lover
Interesting, we got a backstory for this new guy already! And we're now progressing past the original theft.
But, indeed, who is the landowner? And how did Rohan know to go to the private property? Does he know the owner, or did he break in too?
"Hey you! What are you doing here? This is private prop-"

"HEAVENS DOAH!!!"

Users who are viewing this thread