JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 9 - The JOJOLands - Ch. 15 - Bigmouth Strikes Again

Power Uploader
With this being a disease-type Stand, it reminds me how in part 5 Araki wrote Fugo out of the story because Purple Haze's disease-type powers were too powerful. So I guess the solution is to just make the next disease-type Stand be an enemy's instead of an ally's lol.
Notorious B.I.G.?

Wait, aren't Doctor Wu from Jojolion and Bigmouth Strikes Again from Jojolands basically the same stand? Both are integrated within their users bodies and have no physical form, they both allow Wu and Charmingman to break their bodies down into sandy rock and both can freely manipulate their sand stands and go inside others bodies too.

The only difference between the two I could find is that Charmingman can create illusions and Wu can't do that, but other than that, they're pretty much the same, if not, similar stands.

Group Leader
Dayuuum, so the enemy really set up a remote stand on that deed, huh? They must be powerful people...

I know some people aren’t liking part 9 which is understandable but I disagree.

Ive been loving part 9 so far and I feel like this is arakis chance to make a better part 5.

dont get me wrong I loved part 5 its a great part but even for jojos giornos writing felt kinda weak imo. I do love my boi though.

and I’m hoping jodio can be a more developed character in the same kinda setting because hes not as much of a good person as Giorno and that’s leaves room for good character developme…

basically I’m loving part 9 so far.
also that is a terrifying stand.
also we need more Ora Ora araki slackin.

Double-page supporter
i finally got the chance to read this and thank god!! this was great. i gained massive respect for usagi, seeing WITH NO HESITATION stab himself and save himself, that was cool as shit

it was also nice to see CharmingMan own up to his mistake and help also seeing his power in action in different ways

also thank you the translation!!!

Double-page supporter
also the stand ability being to grow cancer is absolutely kinda fucking scary lol that shit genuinely made me scared for them

Double-page supporter
Its fun to see Araki doing the good ol' evil landowning class, combined with the corruption of the capitalist system like we saw at the bus chapter.
when part 9 first started and the story was gonna be about "jodio getting rich" i knew/hoped (lol) some anti-capitalist rhetoric was going to be involved and subvert our expectations

Dex-chan lover
Yo, it really is just like Doctor Wu. And the enemy also brings to mind Lovers.

Damn, a Stand that gives you cancer though.

Wait, aren't Doctor Wu from Jojolion and Bigmouth Strikes Again from Jojolands basically the same stand? Both are integrated within their users bodies and have no physical form, they both allow Wu and Charmingman to break their bodies down into sandy rock and both can freely manipulate their sand stands and go inside others bodies too.

The only difference between the two I could find is that Charmingman can create illusions and Wu can't do that, but other than that, they're pretty much the same, if not, similar stands.
yeah their stands are almost identical, with the exception that Charmingman's Bigmouth can also create illusions by blending in and reflecting light. It's essentially an upgraded Doctor Wu.

Ive been loving part 9 so far and I feel like this is arakis chance to make a better part 5.
I agree! I also liked part 5 but the whole mafia and the boss thing felt bland. This time we are getting more grasp of how powerful/influential are the people they are messing with.

Btw this is peak jojo weirdness with political conspiracies now. I'm loving it.

Users who are viewing this thread