JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 9 - The JOJOLands - Vol. 4 Ch. 16 - Bags' Groove Lulu-chan Part 1

Dex-chan lover
I feel like some random person having their thumbprint for a government legal document like that won't suddenly make it theirs
They grabbed the Senator's thumbprint off the bench he was sitting on.
Did Dragona's gender change again?
Not really. It's been ambiguous from the start. To me, the implication is that Dragona is trans, but Jodio doesn't really understand what that means, and Dragona's just not bringing it up to try and avoid conflict. I think it's also partly out of gratitude for the bus thing, partly because they know Jodio has something different about how he sees things and thinks, and is being patient with him as a result.

Personally, I think you can read Dragona as enabling Jodio a little. They're afraid of alienating him and, I think, afraid of making a mistake due to not understanding Jodio's perspective. I think they're worried they'll misinterpret his intentions and scold him for something he doesn't understand is wrong, and that he'll feel like he can't depend on them.

Whether Dragona's just being patient or supportive or in an unhealthy codependent relationship with Jodio, or maybe something kind of in-between, will I think depend on how Araki chooses to write them. I feel like could turn into a Gon and Killua situation, where Dragona puts up with being emotionally (and physically) hurt for Jodio out of sibling love for and gratitude toward him, but Jodio doesn't really do the same.

I'm very interested in terms of where Araki takes these characters and how the story unfolds. Like if they do get Howler's land, then what? Is that the endgame, or is that going to springboard into something more? Very exciting!

if it's actually going to be a recurring concept i'm really interested as to what role spin will play in this part

though honestly i'd rather it just not appear at all instead of being a last-moment out of nowhere trump card like in part 8

Dex-chan lover
Jo
dio
It took me this long to figure it out. I didn't connect the dots since Diego Brando died at the end of Steel Ball Run, leaving no evidence behind, even taking The World Diego with him. But yeah. I guess this is gonna be the new version of part 5. ...DID WE SKIP STARDUST CRUSADERS FOR MORIOH AND NOW WE'RE READING GOLDEN EXPERIENCE AGAIN?! THIS IS A TRICK MOVE NOT EVEN TODD HOWARD COULD HAVE MADE! OH MY GOOOOD!

Group Leader
Jo
dio
It took me this long to figure it out. I didn't connect the dots since Diego Brando died at the end of Steel Ball Run, leaving no evidence behind, even taking The World Diego with him. But yeah. I guess this is gonna be the new version of part 5. ...DID WE SKIP STARDUST CRUSADERS FOR MORIOH AND NOW WE'RE READING GOLDEN EXPERIENCE AGAIN?! THIS IS A TRICK MOVE NOT EVEN TODD HOWARD COULD HAVE MADE! OH MY GOOOOD!

Good lord, you just made me come to that realization myself, how did I not notice that?!

so they're either going to have to murder a literal child (hopefully shes revealed to be at least 30 (poor tom refrence)) or she's going to have to deactivate her stand. Also the fact that they turned out to be assasins and not anyone that is the law is pretty cool and chilling that they are already trying to find out who's trying to mess with them and thier land deeds. they seem a little bit normal for jojo standards but so was Kira in part 4 and look who he turned out to be lol

Users who are viewing this thread