Josou Danshi wa Skirt wo Nugitai! - Ch. 2 - BODY TOUCH AND ME

Dex-chan lover
okay, even I have to ask where that is in the raws
Of course this person was making it up. I'm the translator.

If MC was actually a trans girl I would've happily used she/her. but that's not true here. I have no problem if someone wants to interpret this manga as trans manga as well, as long as people are happy this way.

If someone can read Japanese, the very first character introduction page in the CH2 already says the MC is a "middle school boy", and Tamako likes Uichirou's crossdressing look, that's why she pretends to be afraid of man so MC would not stop crossdressing. This person should've known this if they really could read original.

There are no pronounce other than Uichirou tells himself "be a man" and the characters introduction straight up called him "danshi", which means boy. His big sister also called him "shounen", which means young man.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Of course this person was making it up. I'm the translator.

If MC was actually a trans girl I would've happily used she/her. but that's not true here. I have no problem if someone wants to interpret this manga as trans manga as well, as long as people are happy this way.

If someone can read Japanese, the very first character introduction page in the CH2 already says the MC is a "middle school boy", and Tamako likes Uichirou's crossdressing look, that's why she pretends to be afraid of man so MC would not stop crossdressing. This person should've known this if they really could read original.

There are no pronounce other than Uichirou tells himself "be a man" and the characters introduction straight up called him "danshi", which means boy. His big sister also called him "shounen", which means young man.
Like, we can joke and putter about in the forums or in the discord servers. Hell, I made a Sisters of Dorley Hall joke and other things. But I'm not going to be one to just lie about the content, especially when I might see otherwise in the raws.

ANYWAY, thank you for that clarification. I frequently go to Kurisu and her colleagues regarding translations and sentences, as well as trying to come up with proper responses, and one of the things I've seen discussed is the need to look at the intent with the pronoun use. While one can have fun in places like Josou Off-Kai because three of the MCs switch between presentations, I'd rather have a translation that tries to be accurate without being a strict machine translation. Accuracy AND context/connection to the story elements.

Here, I think it's more beneficial to stick with what's on the page, and that's what EPK and other circles I follow do, thankfully - I hate rewrites - so I appreciate your group's efforts.

Wow this thread is entertaining all on its own, what a dumpster fire. So many peeps just projecting and ignoring the manga lol.

Group Leader
This chapter... I can already imagine the rage and meltdown that some of the people on reddit have when they read this.
Saying trans people have an interest in feminizing boys sounds about right, but leaving out a crucial detail that they often try to make them transition too.
I don't know what bullshit propaganda you have been fed but this is not reality. Turn off Fox "News".

We are talking in the comments thread of a manga where the AMAB protagonist has been living as a girl for years -- i.e., literally transitioning. Fascism has rotted your brain.
Hey, I just want to comment on this. The MC has been living as a girl, but at this point, he hasn't showed any signs that he wants to be a girl. He might have socially transitioned, but it seems that he's not doing it because he wants to. Maybe he'll realize that he's transgender when he grows up, or he might go back to being a guy when puberty changes his body too much and he can't be feminine anymore. For now, he's a femboy at most. And femboys or tomboys aren't necessarily trans. They take offense if you label them as such.

Also, everyone cools off. Don't give the transphobes ammunition to harass trans people. Joking about estrogen peanut butter is fine.

Group Leader
Mod Edit: Trolling/Flaming
walks into a cute crossdressing romcom's comment section

TRANS!!!
EGG!!
FORCEFEM EGG!!!
ESTROGEN!!!

Leaves

Can't have one crossdressing manga thread without groomers.
Bye. Have fun in church. That's where the real groomers are. You ain't coming back, right? Ah, you did anyway. Conservatives are pathetic. And pathetic wankers get:

maxresdefault.jpg

Can never run out of scumbags to block.

13.gif

Last edited:
I don't think the MC of this manga is necessarily trans. But I do think he's quite trans-coded, as most "crossdressing boys" in manga are. Anyway I'm not going to argue with the idiot reactionaries in this thread anymore because I've made my point sufficiently. It's annoying how people like them insist on bringing politics into wholesome genderplay manga like this, but that's the world we live in sadly.
I see.
Odd you see it as that.
Thought you call me idiot for a sec.
Would you like some Trans manga?

Double-page supporter
I wonder where that trope that girls always cling to each other, supposedly entirely differently from boys, really started in Japanese media ...
From my own experiences, this "trope" is very real

Users who are viewing this thread