Josou Off-Kai (Pre-Serialization) - Ch. 14.5 - Volume 1: Extras

Group Leader
I'm actually super happy to see a trans character explicitly state that she is still a woman regardless of what she does or doesn't do with her genitals.

There's such an expectation that trans women *have to* have some sort of genital surgery to be considered women that it's almost ubiquitous that we'll get questions like "have you had The Surgery?"

I'm also glad to see Kudo's art here~

Power Uploader
@AverageDudeWithAveragePenis @chloe24601
There are almost no bathroom rapes to begin with.
“rape” is a red herring to justify sex segregation which is not done out of any real concern for “rape” but simply for the same of whatever some might arbitrarily find “socially appropriate”.
All new publicly constructed restrooms are unisex where I live — this is obviously no real concern.

It wouldn't surprise me if there never has been a rape in a restroom to begin with, since it's a very unstrategic place to do so, as anyone can walk in at any moment. You'll find that crimes in general rarely happen in such places,
None of this segregation was ever about “safety” of anyone.

I appreciate the character spreads at the end. I was starting to have trouble keeping names and faces in order.

Aggregator gang
Woah, I love those 2 last drawings! I actually really enjoy both author's mangas, so it's nice seeing them in here.

Dex-chan lover
i will ignore the rest of the comments, a girl with a "thing" is also fine too.

@Narehate
@Plykiya
@chloe24601
@JaneJeon
@trapsarebetter

All of you seem to be missing the point here.

You're just going to scream at me and say that rarely happens then go about your day, ignorant of incidents that go unreported.

A bathroom is something somebody uses everyday. Yeah? Most people just wanna do their business and go.

And a rush hour japan train station is sorta the same way.

Many girls (and some boys too) are sexually assaulted, but never report it.

When you say stuff rarely happens, do you know that for a fact? Or do you just assume by what an online report says about the statistics and believe that?

Then shout at any nay sayer who's seen this kinda stuff that this rarely happens?..

You're naive to think people of today are gonna help just anybody.

All of you should be ashamed. You hide behind your fantasy world of rainbows and sunshine.

Power Uploader
@AverageDudeWithAveragePenis
The problem is that none of the arguments you made are exclusive to restrooms, and you've failed to præsent a reason why restrooms incidents would be more likely, and ignored the counter arguments that point out they are less likely than other places.
Yours is therefore simply an argument that the entirety of society should be sex-segregated if you truly believe what you do.

And that is still under the assumption that sexual assault is far more common cross-sex, than same-sex. It turns out to be surprisingly close, so it wouldn't solve much.

Yes, I too still have 'it'
The quite literal skeleton in the closet of course

is a Reindeer
VIP
@KochengOren It's quite literally facts yes. The same groups perpetuated the exact same stereotype about how being gay meant you were more likely to molest kids because they think "being gay isn't normal, liking kids isn't normal, they probably do both". And that was the prevailing opinion up until the 2000s where it's been disproven time and time again through studies that there isn't any amount of a correlation to it. Now trans people are the next on the agenda and it's the exact same stupid arguments that were used for gay people and it'll be disproven yet again because, big surprise, wanting to be a girl or wanting to be a boy doesn't make you any more likely to want to diddle kids.

@AverageDudeWithAveragePenis
When you say stuff rarely happens, do you know that for a fact? Or do you just assume by what an online report says about the statistics and believe that?
And where does the basis for your beliefs come from if not facts and statistics? Your gut feeling? Paranoia?

Instrumentality Instigator
Staff
Super Moderator
MD is not a debating forum but I *will* shut down arguments that are not being made in good faith. Refusing to believe that facts and statistics exist and refusing to engage with them fits that definition nicely and is usually the sign of a troll.

This is a sensitive enough topic as it is. If you want to keep talking about it, let's all be the respectful posters I know we can be.

Dex-chan lover
Also one more thing I forgot to mention is that these transphobes all somehow forget that trans men and enbies exist... which utterly defeats their whole "HURR DURR BUT MUH BATHROOM SAFETY" point.

@Plykiya
And you have to address me because of what?
I was saying for both arguing parties here, and why are you triggered?
The topic about transgenderism only most prevalent in US and Europe. See here, the world is not only about US and Europe kay. Because when you're put against poverty, hunger or homelessness, that problems will become more urgent.
Like I said before, I was kinda enjoying this manga. But that doesn't mean I have to subject myself to your or any other's will and opinion.
You keep this attitude, and soon IRL no one will ever pay any attention to you.

Nowadays, people use their own definition of transphobic and casually pull this card against others who don't agree with them.

@KochengOren
> The topic about transgenderism only most prevalent in US and Europe.
That's objectively false though. Transgender people are born in all countries, and even transgender activism is pretty global. Transgender rights movements are pretty well spread across North America, South America, South Asia, Southeast Asia, Oceania, and elsewhere. Hell, Thailand has been known for transgender stuff even before the United States or Europe. Not to mention Brazil, India, Israel, or Canada.

@xp32
If you mean in general, I guess I could possibly see that? But that's like saying that non-trans people decide what being transphobic means. Also, if you mean this context, I'd say creating a hypothetical debunked narrative about how not oppressing and marginalizing transgender woman at their most vulnerable (male bathrooms in which they could be sexually assaulted) is definitely transphobic. If you can't understand how that could be transphobic, you probably should think about your own biases, because you've gone off the deep end, lol.

OMG Lemon :3 love their energy

Dammit brain stop wishing you could have a group like this... It's covid time that shit's dangerousssss

@chloe24601
I didn't say that in other there's no such a movement at all.
But if you want a fair argument, then you can't ignore the arguments and facts from both sides.
I'm not denying that there's assault on trans woman in male prison. But you can't deny that there's assaults too in female prison by trans women. Even the female guard fall victim.

Why in my country this social issue doesn't necessarily pick public interest?
In my country, trans women existed for decades. Some of them works as make up artist or fasion designer; that is, if they're lucky or honest good worker.
But most of them became prostitutes. Some of them became thieves targeting apartments complex. Some are even worse, on a traffic light, they jump on motorcycle's passenger's seat and pickpockets the victims. And even worse, some of them became robbers, threatening with a knife, mugging and molesting people.
So the facts that they behave in a certain country, doesn't mean they will behave exactly the same in other countries.
It's been so long that I separate what I perceive in fantasy and what I experienced first hand in reality.

@chloe24601
Your reply demonstrates my point. You could say that I totally agree with Germaine Greer.

Also, in Thailand, If you are male at birth, then you'll be forever identified as Mr. in the passport. No matter what surgery they got.
I am confident to say that the transphobe term in Thailand or even the SEA is different from what you're talking about.
About the public toilet thing. If the transgender person totally passes as the gender of what the symbol represents, no one will make a fuss. Even if people knew they're transgender. However, If their appearance ain't exactly represents and got found out, that's the problem. Rather than phobic with them being transgender, it's more like phobic toward the following problems due to cultures and social experiences.

Users who are viewing this thread