Just Leave Me Be - Vol. 1 Ch. 16

While I am very familiar with these kinds of dramatic tropes, I think it’s important to remember that Adele is 100% a victim of abuse, and has been from the beginning of her former lifetime straight into the second. The only reprieve she’s gotten from that is with a man that she was dreading marrying, and even then, she finds herself burdened with the trauma she’s carried constantly until then. Has she ever not been scared for her life?

It’s not that easy to simply walk away from your abusers.

@anomalye This exactly! Not to mention her entire life right now is essentially a lie/role she is playing. The grand duke doesn't even know her real name/self and even if she marries him that doesn't mean she can just suddenly stop playing that role. It would probably create a huge uproar in high society if the truth got out.
She also isn't even certain about the circumstances of her death. Sure those "knights" said they were sent by the duke but we don't know for certain and I doubt she would want to entrust her life in someone she hardly knows/can trust. She barely knows Hexion and just met him a few days ago. It's not surprising for her to be cautious/hesitant in the face of something that seems too good to be true. Not to mention how this would drastically affect the timeline even more. There's just way too many variables.

Users who are viewing this thread