Just Leave Me Be - Vol. 2 Ch. 42

Fed-Kun's army
aaaah the drama, when they should just kill the emperor his descendants and burn down the palace, practically speaking.

Ok but now that he has Adele why doesn't he just stage a coup? Doesn't need the medicine anymore anyway

I hope the emperor dies, hate this guy.
Thanks for translating! Missed this series!

Aggregator gang
I'm sensing some yandere-type fatherly love here...

Anyway, why do they all have daddy issues?

Double-page supporter
@__nil It's not cured just yet. She can reverse it, sure, but he needs to be closer to her and she needs to actively use her power. Until they find a permanent cure, a coup would be reckless. Also, Hexion isn't the only one with the Scarlet Disease. Everyone that depends on the medicine that the Emperor provides will of course side with him, and those who find out about Adele's power would want to steal her from Hexion rather than work with him. They're not ready to fight the Emperor yet, but they will eventually I'm sure.

Dex-chan lover
Hearing about the story of something trapped in the tree, I'm beginning to suspect that the emperor isn't even human. Or perhaps every emperor is possessed by the same strange fey creature thing.

Although, given how her parents acted, I can't discount the possibility that the emperor is just another rotten scumbag.

So now we know why his visits to the Emperor can take as long as they do, the Emperor is a sadist who gets off of Hexion writhing in pain. Scum.

soooo just how bad would it be if he would chop of the head of the emperor ? i mean , the emperor cant be very much liked ,i bet even most people and high ranking nobels would love to see him dead, he would just need to sneak out of the palace once the emperor is dead and hide with adele in a different country and wait for things to cool down

Dex-chan lover
@ShinSekai Think potential civil war. Take away the leader, all those political factions will try to ensure the candidate they support is sitting on the throne next.
He's a monster, but they need to be able to safely replace that monster if they wished to kill him.

Okay, no worries, I've got this: they unravel the evil scheme of past emperors and the present one, Hexion will be cured by Adele's magic and research and then they make it public the emperor is the source of the disease (which is easier said than done) and then they overtake the throne when the emperor is chased away by the people and Hexion and Adele will live happily ever after, healthy and as good rulers.
The end.

Afterword: and duke Bifta & his family can go eat dirt, following the emperor.

I have a feeling the emperor is suspicious of how long the Duke has been able to stay away from the palace. If the Cartlet disease is really a way to control people, then it stands to reason he would be concerned that he's losing his leverage over Hexion somehow.

TThanks for the translation!

The Emperor is being pretty convincingly evil so far. Rather than going around kicking puppies he's just ruthless and power hungry, so I'm looking forward to him taking the role as primary antagonist this season. It is curious how much he supports the Duke politically, despite manipulating him. Perhaps the Duke is merely a trustworthy pawn, but perhaps he has some deeper role for him.

That translated tombstone is a huge problem. If anyone else could understand what's in that journal, and realize it's importance, it's an enormous risk. If the Emperor finds out there's knowledge of how he can control the disease out there in the world he would stop at literally nothing to destroy it.

Users who are viewing this thread