Kabuto Mushi - Ch. 2

Supporter
If anything, the line “people are letting their guard down” feels strangely translated. Is MC saying he thinks there’s people around that mean him harm, and he wants these people to let their guard down? If so, I think it would be more natural to say “they were letting their guard down”, or “you let them know I’m here” or words to that effect. Though the original meaning could also be more abstract with regards to who, along the lines of “you’ve startled everything in this forest” or even referring to himself in the third person like “just when I was letting my guard down”, though the last one feels like a stretch.

Dex-chan lover
Quite possible the most fugly baby yoda road companion so far.

Theres zero plot at the moment so i think the author is just doing whatever he wants.

Group Leader
If anything, the line “people are letting their guard down” feels strangely translated. Is MC saying he thinks there’s people around that mean him harm, and he wants these people to let their guard down? If so, I think it would be more natural to say “they were letting their guard down”, or “you let them know I’m here” or words to that effect. Though the original meaning could also be more abstract with regards to who, along the lines of “you’ve startled everything in this forest” or even referring to himself in the third person like “just when I was letting my guard down”, though the last one feels like a stretch.
I took it as him talking about himself in third person, that seemed to fit. Something like "People out here are trying to chill and put their guard down, so why are you disrupting the peace?" or something.

Last edited:
Supporter
I took it as him talking about himself in third person, that seemed to fit. Something like "People out here are trying to chill and put their guard down, so why are you disrupting the peace?" or something.
I guess that is most likely, but the wording feels most contrived for it. “Letting their guard down” is almost always a bad thing, as opposed to “relaxing” or “taking a rest/break”. At least it’s a bad thing in English.

Dex-chan lover
"You killed my friends!"
"Nah its worse, they need to head to a hospital, and yokai don't have socialized healthcare!"

Thanks for the translation

Users who are viewing this thread